Windows 10: Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset.

Discus and support Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today when I logged on to my computer I was not able to talk/hear through my headset even though it worked the night before. Upon trying to set up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by defiantstrat, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset.

Today when I logged on to my computer I was not able to talk/hear through my headset even though it worked the night before. Upon trying to set up my microphone on the control panel I was greeted with an error message that said "your current default speech engine does not support this action at this time." Also I noticed that the volume mixer takes a long time to open and has nothing on it https://gyazo.com/052fab0938d59a8882b9ff3ffd7d02f7 I believe a recent windows update screwed with it. any suggestions

:)

defiantstrat, Sep 13, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset.

1. Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset. - Similar Threads - audio device installed

2. I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.: Hello there! I can't help but notice that I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device, and because of that, I can't set any sound to come to my headset. I've tried multiple options that I've seen on Microsoft Answers, one of which is looking at playback devices,...
  3. I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.: Hello there! I can't help but notice that I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device, and because of that, I can't set any sound to come to my headset. I've tried multiple options that I've seen on Microsoft Answers, one of which is looking at playback devices,...
  4. "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...: Hello. I've been experiencing an issue with my audio input microphone not being detected on my ZIUMIER Gaming Headset since updating Windows. Mind you, the audio output itself headphones is still working and detected. I went through the common troubleshooting steps including...
  5. "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...: Hello. I've been experiencing an issue with my audio input microphone not being detected on my ZIUMIER Gaming Headset since updating Windows. Mind you, the audio output itself headphones is still working and detected. I went through the common troubleshooting steps including...
  6. Prevent windows to automatically change audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent windows to automatically change audio device: Hi there ! I am using Windows 10, and there is a feature that seems comfortable for everybody that i find really annoying for my uses : when plugging a new audio device, Windows automatically adopts it as the default audio output. To me it's a problem because i am an audio...
  7. Setting up Headset

Setting up Headset: Hi, Regarding sound, I have tried to use various 3.5mm headsets connected to an audio splitter plugged into the correct pink mic and green audio ports. The headsets all have a built in microphone, but I have no sound input or output whatsoever. Bluetooth headsets work...
  8. Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio

Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio: Hi there! So i have recently connected my Sony WH-XB900N Headset to my laptop and it connected as a headphone, meaning that the mic that I was still using was my laptop mic. I was tinkering around with the settings by updating drivers and deleting the headset and trying...
  9. Headset not acknowledged as Audio device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset not acknowledged as Audio device: (Latest version of Windows 10) -I'm in my PC's settings "Bluetooth & other devices" -Bluetooth headset shows up as "Paired" -Problem is: it shows up under "other devices", instead of under "Audio", so I can't actually get sound from my PC into my headset Anyone know how...
  10. Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 no audio device installed prevents setting up my headset.: Today when I logged on to my computer I was not able to talk/hear through my headset even though it worked the night before. Upon trying to set up my microphone on the control panel I was greeted with an error message that said "your current default speech engine does not...