Windows 10: Windows 10 No audio output device is installed (after update to Windows version 1809)

Discus and support Windows 10 No audio output device is installed (after update to Windows version 1809) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the late 2018 Windows 10 update I lost access to audio on my Dell Inspiron 3487 desktop PC. Today I downloaded and installed the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J60, Feb 13, 2019.

1. J60
    J60 Win User

Windows 10 No audio output device is installed (after update to Windows version 1809)

After the late 2018 Windows 10 update I lost access to audio on my Dell Inspiron 3487 desktop PC.

Today I downloaded and installed the latest available version of Realtek High Definition Audio driver for this model PC, from Dell's support website.

After updating the audio driver, Windows continues to display the taskbar message "No audio output device is installed".

Device manager shows the following error message for the Realtek High Definition Audio device (even after installing the latest driver) -

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

A similar Device Manager message is displayed against the NVIDIA High Definition Audio device.

Windows Update indicates that my PC is up to date with respect to updates.

Not sure where to go from here.

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks!

:)

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 14, 2019
  3. windows 10- no audio output devices installed

Hi Phillips,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might arise due to incompatibility of audio drivers with Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it works.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

You may also update the Audio driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Audio input and output” & “Sound, video and Game controller”.
    • Right click on the drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps
    to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 14, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 No audio output device is installed (after update to Windows version 1809)

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 No audio output device is installed (after update to Windows version 1809) - Similar Threads - audio output device

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed - After latest Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device is Installed - After latest Windows 10 Updates: Over the last 6 months, something in the windows updates is killing my audio on my PC running Window 10 Pro.The speaker icon in the lower right corner shows and a red X mark and upon further inspection of the sound mixer, reveals no audio devices at all.In my device manager,...
  3. No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.

No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.: RCA Tablet W101_V2 old but good fellaDon't know which update caused problem.Had just reset to help keyboard issue, which did fix.RCA contacted, no help but to reset again which will give me same update that caused audio problem.Have tried reinstalling drivers, previous...
  4. "no audio output device is installed" after windows 10 reinstall

"no audio output device is installed" after windows 10 reinstall: Toshiba Satellite C 55 Carried out windows Reset from Recovery to remove one problem; now have a new one after windows reinstalled. Audio icon bottom right has an x against it; starting trouble-shooter from the icon reports; cannot identify the problem; audio...
  5. No Audio Output Device is Installed Condition after Windows updates

No Audio Output Device is Installed Condition after Windows updates: several updates were installed on my surfacepro this past weekend. my audio device subsequently stopped working. when i hover over the audio device icon in my system tray i see a message "No Audio Output Device is Installed". i had an IM chat with a microsoft tech who...
  6. No audio output device is installed after update windows 10 to 1909

No audio output device is installed after update windows 10 to 1909: Recently I've updated Win 10 on my laptop to version 1909, and now I don't have sound, only a red cross icon in the system tray. I'm struggling with this issue 4 days already. Audio troubleshooter doesn't help. It either writes that it cannot detect problem, or suggests to...
  7. No audio output device installed on tablet after updating to latest windows 10 version 1903

No audio output device installed on tablet after updating to latest windows 10 version 1903: I updated my tablet with latest windows 10 version 1903 and now it says there is no audio output device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-installed-on-tablet-after/29c0b5ce-7b43-424d-be3b-5191caefc7ac
  8. No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update

No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update: My laptop now has "no audio output installed", After Windows update. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-after-windows/565bd59e-fb0c-4263-8e40-134a21288f87
  9. No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update

No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update: My laptop now has "no audio output installed",After Windows update. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-after-windows/8046c142-58b3-4fb9-bfa0-bb07bffa6fb1
  10. No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10

No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10: I have upgraded my laptop Asus k43s from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything went fine but then I decided to reset the laptop to have a fresh start. After resetting, my sound button has a red x mark on it saying that "No audio output device is installed". So I go to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aspire one 722 no audio with windows 10 1809