Windows 10: Windows 10 no audio output device

Discus and support Windows 10 no audio output device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. Ver 10.0.18362 I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianLofquist, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 no audio output device

I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. Ver 10.0.18362

I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,, complete reset, HP support, nothing has worked.

It looks like it is a known bug from a Windows update.

Additional information:

Looking at the system report , in the sound information, nothing is listed

In Device Manager IDT High Definition Codec is listed. In properties, no driver is listed. running a driver update errors: "A device attached to the system is not functioning".

HELP!!! Is there anything I can do to rectify the problem?

Thanks!

:)

BrianLofquist, Nov 7, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 7, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is installed

You can also try this possible solution to your Issue

Fix "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" Error with Device Mannager

Device Manager is another troubleshooter which could help to fix many common computer issues, including "no audio output device is installed" error on Windows 10.

Step 1. Open the search box, type devmgmt.mcs in the Run dialog to open Device Manager.

Step 2. Scroll down to find the catagory "Sound, video and game controllers", expand it to locate your audio device and select it.

Note: If you can not see the "Sound, video and game controllers" catagory, follow the steps below to find it.

• Select "Action" on the top of the panel. (If there is no "Action" tab, click on the blank place and then click on "Action")

• Select "Add Legacy hardware".

Click Next on the popping up Add Hardware Wizard window.

• Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" and then hit "Next". (If the Wizard message reads "the wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer", click Next)

Scroll down to locate the "Sound, video and game controllers" option.

• Select it and then click Next.

• Choose your exact sound card and then click Next.

Click Next to install the audio driver and then click Finish.

Step 3. Right-click on the audio device. Select Enable.

Step 4. Now check whether the audio issue is solved. If persists, choose Uninstall to remove the audio driver.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to save the changes and Windows will load you the audio driver automatically.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-...

Wilfredo_Soto, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 no audio output device

No audio Output Device for Windows 10

Hello,

With regards to your concern about the audio issue on your output device is may be due to a corrupted system files or your driver needs to be updated. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What's the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver of your device? If you do, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend ensuring all of your drivers are all updated. To do so, check and follow the steps on this
    link. The article is about
    How to update the drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 no audio output device

1. Windows 10 no audio output device - Similar Threads - audio output device

2. audio output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio output devices: My smart phone is paired to my laptop but I cannot get the laptop to output audio to my smart phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-devices/c8ddc572-e46b-4e33-92ab-baa684f6027b
  3. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - No audio output devices: There is a bug in the Windows 10 Operating system which prevents audio devices from being recognized. Every device in Device Manager says that it is working properly.This is the same issue found...
  4. Audio Output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Output device: I have an audio receiver connected to my desktop via Bluetooth. Somehow, I lose the connection every day or so. Under Settings Bluetooth, it indicates that I am paired to the receiver. Under Sound, no output device is available within the dropdown menu. It used to say either...
  5. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

Windows 10 - No audio output devices: Hi there, On my Windows 10, Audio stopped working completely. Windows sais "no output devices found" and "no input devices found". There are a lot of threads for this problem but no fix worked in my situation. Most solutions revolve around reinstalling and fixing...
  6. no audio output device

no audio output device: after win 10 update the audio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device/5902e376-33d1-4322-ac8d-71391c20f277
  7. Windows 10 no audio output device

Windows 10 no audio output device: I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,, complete reset, HP support, nothing has worked. It looks like it is a known bug from a Windows update. Additional information: Looking at the...
  8. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  9. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  10. No Audio output device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Audio output device: I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system 118000