Windows 10: Windows 10 no bootable device

Discus and support Windows 10 no bootable device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything. My computer had froze and i forced a shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marielynn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. marielynn Win User

Windows 10 no bootable device

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything.

My computer had froze and i forced a shut down via power button. Upon starting again i was greeted with "no operating system found"

I fixed that problem now im greeted with a black screen with something like "no bootable device found please detach any devices"

What i have tried is....

Made a win10 usb with the media creation tool from another computer.

Startup repair does not work, error is "the hard drive is locked"

I have tried with the command prompt the following commands

Bootrec /fixboot
    Bootrec /fixmbr
    Bootrev /rebuildbcd
    *rebuildbcd tells me i have 2 installed windows os. One is regular windows and windows.old*
    (If i say Yes to rebuild both of those, my media creation usb stops working if i restart. I get the error 0xc00000f and have to recreate the media creation tool on the usb. Otherwise i keep getting the same error)

I have also tried different sata ports on my motherboard, resetting bios settings, changing boot order, changed sata cable.

What else can i do?

:)

marielynn, Jan 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 no bootable device

TechGuru2000, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 no bootable device

Installing windows 10. I finish the whole installation, windows tells me it has to restart. When I boot back up, I get a blue screen with two options on it, either shut off my computer or troubleshoot. I open the troubleshooter, chose the bottom option.
    I forget the exact wording, but it was the fix option, got a loading screen saying it was searching for a solution to my problems. Completes, restarts my computer again, and I get this screen:
    Windows 10 no bootable device [​IMG]

Pressing keys obviously does nothing. If I restart and choose setup it shows both of my drives (an ssd, my c drive, and a hdd, my d drive). Choosing to boot from a different one under the boot options doesn't give me anything either, same black screen, no
    bootable device.

Michael324, Jan 1, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

On another pc, install macrium reflect free, and create a Macrium Rescue Drive (usb stick or dvd)

Boot from Rescue drive, Macrium will load, select restore tab,and click on 'fix windows boot problems'

It should list your OS.

Just click next, finish and it will rebuild boot sectors.

cereberus, Jan 1, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    booting to win10 media and going to other ,will give advanced repair [boot option], to run bootup repair

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no bootable device - Similar Threads - bootable device

2. Update led to no bootable device screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update led to no bootable device screen: After the latest update, my pc kept showing the blue "ran into a problem page"and restarting. After a few times, it froze on that page so i force shutdown and now when i turn it on it shows the acer screen for a few seconds and then changes to a black page with a magnifying...
  3. Update led to no bootable device screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update led to no bootable device screen: After the latest update, my pc kept showing the blue "ran into a problem page"and restarting. After a few times, it froze on that page so i force shutdown and now when i turn it on it shows the acer screen for a few seconds and then changes to a black page with a magnifying...
  4. Update led to no bootable device screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD WD SA510 2.5 500gb and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen...
  6. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen with Kernel Data...
  7. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen with Kernel Data...
  8. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  9. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  10. No bootable device found

No bootable device found: Hii It's been a bad day for me i was creating a partition through AOEMI partition assistant on my laptop i got 500 gb hard drive and tried to allocate the free space to another partition but i think i did some mess and deleted some partitions which don't have to be deleted...