Windows 10: Windows 10 no bootable device

Discus and support Windows 10 no bootable device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything. My computer had froze and i forced a shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marielynn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. marielynn Win User

Windows 10 no bootable device

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything.

My computer had froze and i forced a shut down via power button. Upon starting again i was greeted with "no operating system found"

I fixed that problem now im greeted with a black screen with something like "no bootable device found please detach any devices"

What i have tried is....

Made a win10 usb with the media creation tool from another computer.

Startup repair does not work, error is "the hard drive is locked"

I have tried with the command prompt the following commands

Bootrec /fixboot
    Bootrec /fixmbr
    Bootrev /rebuildbcd
    *rebuildbcd tells me i have 2 installed windows os. One is regular windows and windows.old*
    (If i say Yes to rebuild both of those, my media creation usb stops working if i restart. I get the error 0xc00000f and have to recreate the media creation tool on the usb. Otherwise i keep getting the same error)

I have also tried different sata ports on my motherboard, resetting bios settings, changing boot order, changed sata cable.

What else can i do?

:)

marielynn, Jan 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 no bootable device

TechGuru2000, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 no bootable device

Installing windows 10. I finish the whole installation, windows tells me it has to restart. When I boot back up, I get a blue screen with two options on it, either shut off my computer or troubleshoot. I open the troubleshooter, chose the bottom option.
    I forget the exact wording, but it was the fix option, got a loading screen saying it was searching for a solution to my problems. Completes, restarts my computer again, and I get this screen:
    Windows 10 no bootable device [​IMG]

Pressing keys obviously does nothing. If I restart and choose setup it shows both of my drives (an ssd, my c drive, and a hdd, my d drive). Choosing to boot from a different one under the boot options doesn't give me anything either, same black screen, no
    bootable device.

Michael324, Jan 1, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

On another pc, install macrium reflect free, and create a Macrium Rescue Drive (usb stick or dvd)

Boot from Rescue drive, Macrium will load, select restore tab,and click on 'fix windows boot problems'

It should list your OS.

Just click next, finish and it will rebuild boot sectors.

cereberus, Jan 1, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    booting to win10 media and going to other ,will give advanced repair [boot option], to run bootup repair

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no bootable device - Similar Threads - bootable device

2. No bootable device Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No bootable device Error: Hi There I need help with a error i have after trying to install windows 10 on a laptop that had windows 7 Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v15.0.11 PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any...
  3. No bootable device _ please restart system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No bootable device _ please restart system: After I installed Windows 10 Professional, my PC continues to shut down when I leave it unattended. A blue screen comes on and claims it is gathering information. After a period of time, the unit reports the error message _ No bootable device _ please restart system. Can...
  4. no bootable device

no bootable device: Hello I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 after a few months, i then migrated to an ssd... everything was fine for a year but now it is saying no bootable device, i cannot retrive my product key or digital id. the os is still on the ssd i have tried recover keys but no...
  5. No bootable device - please restart system

in Windows 10 Support
    No bootable device - please restart system: My toshiba satellite laptop doesn't want to boot, and it also does not shown boot mode 160398
  6. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No bootable device found: Whenever i turn on my pc it loads like normal and i see the dell logo but at the time it would usually have the login screen i get a screen that says no bootable devices found. How do i fix this submitted by /u/Max123543 [link] [comments]...
  7. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No bootable device found: Having a problem of no bootable device found but when the hardware scan is done it shows no defective hardware. Yesterday I reset window 10 thought it might occurs due to software problem. Laptop runs smoothly yesterday but today morning suddenly no bootable device is...
  8. no bootable device found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no bootable device found: can viruses/malware cause no bootable device found error and is there a way to fix it please respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-found/57540b3c-73f0-44aa-9e16-8dd0da5066d5
  9. Device keeps rebooting with blue screen and no bootable device

Device keeps rebooting with blue screen and no bootable device: My device keeps rebooting with the blue screen and sometimes when It comes on it says checking media fail and later no bootable device.. what can I do? I have restored it recently and it is still doing the same. Thanks...
  10. No Bootable Device error Repetition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Bootable Device error Repetition: I have an issue with a dell laptop. This happened 10 days ago my laptop turns on starts a self check tells me that there is no bootable devices. I eventually fix it. 10 days later it happens again and I fix it again. Why is this happening and how do I prevent it. Note: I have...