Windows 10: Windows 10 no bootable device

Discus and support Windows 10 no bootable device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything. My computer had froze and i forced a shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marielynn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. marielynn Win User

Windows 10 no bootable device

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything.

My computer had froze and i forced a shut down via power button. Upon starting again i was greeted with "no operating system found"

I fixed that problem now im greeted with a black screen with something like "no bootable device found please detach any devices"

What i have tried is....

Made a win10 usb with the media creation tool from another computer.

Startup repair does not work, error is "the hard drive is locked"

I have tried with the command prompt the following commands

Bootrec /fixboot
    Bootrec /fixmbr
    Bootrev /rebuildbcd
    *rebuildbcd tells me i have 2 installed windows os. One is regular windows and windows.old*
    (If i say Yes to rebuild both of those, my media creation usb stops working if i restart. I get the error 0xc00000f and have to recreate the media creation tool on the usb. Otherwise i keep getting the same error)

I have also tried different sata ports on my motherboard, resetting bios settings, changing boot order, changed sata cable.

What else can i do?

:)

marielynn, Jan 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 no bootable device

TechGuru2000, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 no bootable device

Installing windows 10. I finish the whole installation, windows tells me it has to restart. When I boot back up, I get a blue screen with two options on it, either shut off my computer or troubleshoot. I open the troubleshooter, chose the bottom option.
    I forget the exact wording, but it was the fix option, got a loading screen saying it was searching for a solution to my problems. Completes, restarts my computer again, and I get this screen:
    Windows 10 no bootable device [​IMG]

Pressing keys obviously does nothing. If I restart and choose setup it shows both of my drives (an ssd, my c drive, and a hdd, my d drive). Choosing to boot from a different one under the boot options doesn't give me anything either, same black screen, no
    bootable device.

Michael324, Jan 1, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

On another pc, install macrium reflect free, and create a Macrium Rescue Drive (usb stick or dvd)

Boot from Rescue drive, Macrium will load, select restore tab,and click on 'fix windows boot problems'

It should list your OS.

Just click next, finish and it will rebuild boot sectors.

cereberus, Jan 1, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    booting to win10 media and going to other ,will give advanced repair [boot option], to run bootup repair

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no bootable device - Similar Threads - bootable device

2. Windows 10 no bootable device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 no bootable device: Hello I'm having an issue when I turn on my laptop it says no bootable device please restart system. I've seen two fixes something about bios and reset Windows. It won't let me enter bios so how do I reset Windows without being able to boot the laptop up?...
  3. Error coming"inaccessible bootable device" i tried safe mode restore point startup repair...

Error coming"inaccessible bootable device" i tried safe mode restore point startup repair...: My laptop was showing only 5gb even have 8 usable storage so i saw on youtube to get back to 8gb i did same chsnged msconfig max memory to 8019 and restart but change didn't occured then i kept it zero and checked the maximum memory box and boom i am getting blue screen of...
  4. Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work

Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work: Hi All, I have a mac mini running OSX with Windows 10 (version 1903 build 18362) on it. for years everything worked nicely. Suddenly yesterday when I tried rebooting from mac to windows, the windows started saying "no bootable device found...." I read many threads,...
  5. Bootable USB Mass storage device failed to work suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB Mass storage device failed to work suddenly: My usb drive failed to be recognized by my pc (windows 10) all of a sudden. I had converted my usb to a Bootable pen drive using a third party software which worked fine for the first time. Then on the next use the boot failed and the system rebooted to window and my pen...
  6. Windows 10 crashes frecquenntly and I get the "No bootable device found" sometimes.

Windows 10 crashes frecquenntly and I get the "No bootable device found" sometimes.: From around a week now, some times when I even browse the internet my Windows crashed and I get the"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" etc... and on top of that, rarely, when I leave my laptop opened, whether im downloading something or simply leaving it...
  7. Windows 10 crashes frecquenntly and I get the "No bootable device found" sometimes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 crashes frecquenntly and I get the "No bootable device found" sometimes.: From around a week now, some times when I even browse the internet my Windows crashed and I get the"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" etc... and on top of that, rarely, when I leave my laptop opened, whether im downloading something or simply leaving it...
  8. WINDOWS 10 START PROBLEM ; " NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 START PROBLEM ; " NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND": After Updating BIOS IN MY WINDOWS 10 PRO Acer Aspire VN7 got the message " NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND ". How can I fix this problem. iT DOESNT OPEN WINDOWS 10 ....
  9. No bootable device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bootable device: Can anyone help me with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device/0ee1a0af-22e9-45a5-a308-7fab7f847b9f
  10. NO BOOTABLE DEVICE

NO BOOTABLE DEVICE: Hello everyone, About 3 months ago, I accidentally dropped my windows 10 laptop onto the ground. Afterwards its screen was broken and I had it repaired. However, since I brought it back home, it has not been processing very well. I always have to wait for it for about...