Windows 10: Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome

Discus and support Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, Looking for some advice. I recently had an issue with a MacBook Air running Windows 10 and had to re-format and perform fresh install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by smitherz87, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome

Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I recently had an issue with a MacBook Air running Windows 10 and had to re-format and perform fresh install of Windows 10 via Bootcamp. The system is all up and running but the only thing that will not work is casting to other devices. Previously it had worked seamlessly in Chrome, but now when searching it will not find any device. I normally have a few devices that show (TV, Nvidia Shield etc...)

I have tried switching the network to private with network discovery turned on, roll back to previous version of my wireless driver, turning on nearby sharing and allowing file sharing in WMP. Is their something I am missing?

I am running Win10 x64 Version 1803 Build 17134.345

Any help appreciated.

:)

smitherz87, Oct 22, 2018

2. chrome cast

what are chances windows 10 will let us get chrome cast?

uteweatherman, Oct 22, 2018
  3. cant connect cast to drive function

Hello,

To address your concern with cast to device feature on Windows 10, we suggest that you check this thread:
    Cast to device on Windows 10 not working and refer to eisenpony1's answer
    for the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know the outcome.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome

How to Cast in Windows 10

I wondered about this also.

In Windows 8.1 I was able to cast from Google Chrome to my Sony TV. I could also cast from YouTube in the same way.

This option doesn't seem to be available I'm Windows 10.

RogerB

Roger PBurt, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome

1. Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome - Similar Threads - cast function via

2. Cast to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cast to Windows 10: Any way to cast to Windows 10 from android ? I don't mean show the whole android screen I mean if I press the cast button I only send the video submitted by /u/SVRDirector [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldm8vl/cast_to_windows_10/
  3. Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?

Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?: We all know about Laptop/PC/Phone casting to TV via wifi with a smart tv and all of that jazz but is it possible do the the exact opposite on Windows 10? I can't seem to be able to find anything about being able to do cast TV screen to a Laptop. If it is possible, would it...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop to Smart TV via Anyview Cast Error: " Couldn't Connect"

Windows 10 Laptop to Smart TV via Anyview Cast Error: " Couldn't Connect": Hi, I'm hoping someone might have encountered and resolved this issue before. I tried all the troubleshooting I can find online to no avail, namely the following. Update all windows drivers. Connect both the laptop and TV under the same WIFI Network. Restore TV to it's...
  5. Using chrome cast to extend my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using chrome cast to extend my screen: Hi, yesterday i managed to extend my screen so i could use my tv’s chromecast as an “extra screen” by going onto settings, clicking display, clicking detect and then it would come up saying no screen detected but would have a box with ‘screen 1’ ie my laptop screen and...
  6. Cannot Cast to TV, Questionable casting VIA different software/hardwar

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot Cast to TV, Questionable casting VIA different software/hardwar: Currently trying to cast my desktop of anything to my Samsung TV. Details of hardware/software that I have tried with limited success, mostly failure Plex Playon Chrome Browser Connect VIA Windows 10 Steamlink Roku (mulitple) I have been able to cast to roku VIA playon, No...
  7. Can not cast to my Chrome Cast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not cast to my Chrome Cast: I've recently gotten an issue where when I try to cast to my CC its doesn't detect the device, it says "No devices found". I tired contacting Google, they told me to contact the manufacturer, I contacted Asus they told me to contact Microsoft, now I'm here.. Some things i've...
  8. Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast: I have been trying for a long time to figure out how to cast photos from Windows Pictures sub-folders to my TV using Chromecast. I am able to cast other things but not this. When I right-click a photo in a Pictures sub-folder and then click "Cast to Device" I get "Searching"...
  9. Via Chrome 9 Still Not Supported by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Via Chrome 9 Still Not Supported by Windows 10: We love our old laptops so we don't want to trash them and I think that they deserve Windows 10! I have 2 laptops home that only work with the basic Microsoft driver. The first release of Windows 10 was compatible with Chrome 9 but only worked until next big upgrade. Does...
  10. Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome: Two years ago we launched Google Cast, an extension for Chrome that allowed you to show content from your favorite websites on the best screen in your home — your TV — using Chromecast. Whether watching your favorite show on Netflix, or sharing a photo slideshow at a family...