Windows 10: Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old

Discus and support Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am been trying to delete the folder windows.old sitting there in my PC. Worst thing is, no matter what I looked, there is no option for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lâm WSCYL, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old

Hi guys,

I am been trying to delete the folder windows.old sitting there in my PC.

Worst thing is, no matter what I looked, there is no option for 'Removing previous installations'.

Anyone can help me with this issue then?

:)

Lâm WSCYL, Mar 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2019
  3. yaylitzis Win User
    yaylitzis, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old

Delete old version of windows

Hi Erle,

Some running files or services may be preventing you from deleting the old version of Windows on your computer, or there may be a conflict regarding permissions. We'd like to know some things to get a better picture of the problem and help you resolve it.
    Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to delete the Windows.old folder?
    • What error do you get when deleting the file?
    • Did you find the Previous Windows installation(s) file when you ran Disk Cleanup?
    • How long has it been since you upgraded the computer to Windows 10?

You can try the suggestions shared by SpiritX MS MVP on this
    page
    to permanently delete the folder of your previous operating system.

Let us know if any of the steps work for you.

We'll be glad to offer additional assistance if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old

1. Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old - Similar Threads - Delete Previous Version

2. Windows 10 Old Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Old Version: Hello Microsoft Community! I'm very happy with everything you made, but I hope if you let me get back the 2015 version, it was nicer and faster than the 2020 version, in my opinion, I'm happy more with 2015 version. Please Get it back....
  3. Restoring to a previous version of windows 10

Restoring to a previous version of windows 10: Due to a failed windows update I lost my entire OS and had to reinstall, losing all the data and programs that had not yet been backed up. With the new build, some of my apps do not work correctly some have known issues that the developer is working on. They worked well in...
  4. Deleting old games from previous windows install - Windows 10 Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old games from previous windows install - Windows 10 Xbox App: Hi, I have hundreds of gigs on different harddrives locked by "Windows Apps" from games installed by Xbox game app. Some of them are from a previous install, some of them are installs which have failed and after changing harddrive location. Taking "Ownership" of the...
  5. "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10: I've just had this note in my Notifications: [ATTACH] This is the first time I've had this alert. I've checked my Windows C in "This PC" and it show that I have 17.4 GB free of 117 GB. I'd like to ask for advice on the following, please: 1. Am I every likely to need...
  6. "Delete previous version of Windows"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Delete previous version of Windows"?: After recently updating my Windows with the August update a few days ago, I'm getting a question on my computer now to delete my previous version of windows, because I'm low on storage space. Just wondering if this is a safe and recommended thing to do? Thanks....
  7. reverting to a previous version of windows 10.

reverting to a previous version of windows 10.: Hi, I used to have version 1709 win 10 pro and bought a new system, This new system is running on version 1803 which does not run any of the apps I use … how do I get back to this version of windows? Any help would be appreciated. Im not the most tech savy sorry...
  8. Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home: Good evening, Please send me the link with all versions of Windows 15011, 1611 to 1809. IM waiting for a message! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-versions-of-windows-10-home/0f02ccb8-2b47-4351-b4e1-ae83aaece7c5
  9. Previous versions of Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Previous versions of Windows 10 pro: Hello Dear Sir / Madam, I have a Windows 10 Pro license and I want to download it all windows 10 pro older versions such as: 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803 Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A great day!...
  10. Deleting previous versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting previous versions of windows 10: I have being trying to delete previous verions of windows 10 by clinking on storage, then Temporary files and selecting Previous version of Windows, clicking on remove files, no files are deleted. What can I do now?...