Windows 10: Windows 10 - no display until OS booted

Discus and support Windows 10 - no display until OS booted in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a weird issue after installing Windows 10. There is no display at all before the log in screen appears, which prevents me from seeing bootloader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Maciej Wojnar, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - no display until OS booted

I have a weird issue after installing Windows 10. There is no display at all before the log in screen appears, which prevents me from seeing bootloader (win7 and win10 dual boot). Weird, because when I turn off and on my monitor, it works fine until I fully boot Windows 10 again. No such behaviour with Windows 7.

ASUS Z97-PRO

i7 4770K

16 GB DDR3

MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G

LG M2452D 24inch connected with HDMI

I have it installed as UEFI, CSM on with only UEFI boot device support and UEFI PCIE boot support, fast boot also enabled.

:)

Maciej Wojnar, Dec 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - no display until OS booted

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - no display until OS booted

1. Windows 10 - no display until OS booted - Similar Threads - display until booted

2. Windows not displaying at boot -- until I uninstall Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not displaying at boot -- until I uninstall Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from...: Hi everyone :Back in June 2023, I built a computer with the following specs more detailed list at the end of this post:Ryzen 5 7600XMSI MS-7D75 Motherboard32GB DDR5 Ram T-Force2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSDGigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 4070 TiWindows 11 ProThe computer has worked...
  3. Windows not displaying at boot -- until I uninstall Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not displaying at boot -- until I uninstall Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from...: Hi everyone :Back in June 2023, I built a computer with the following specs more detailed list at the end of this post:Ryzen 5 7600XMSI MS-7D75 Motherboard32GB DDR5 Ram T-Force2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSDGigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 4070 TiWindows 11 ProThe computer has worked...
  4. No Display until 3 boot loops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Display until 3 boot loops: Hello,I encountered a strange issue today. I turned my work PC off for lunch. I returned to find that no display was being shown on either of my monitors. I plugged my TV in with HDMI and still no display. I moved my PC to the downstairs TV and the same thing.I noticed one of...
  5. No Display until 3 boot loops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Display until 3 boot loops: Hello,I encountered a strange issue today. I turned my work PC off for lunch. I returned to find that no display was being shown on either of my monitors. I plugged my TV in with HDMI and still no display. I moved my PC to the downstairs TV and the same thing.I noticed one of...
  6. No Display until 3 boot loops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Display won't appear until 2nd boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display won't appear until 2nd boot: Hi! So i just built this PC about a week ago and the problem was there ever since I installed win10 on it. Basically when I fire it up the PC would start but there would be no display whatsoever but after I shut it down completely by holding the power button and then bot...
  8. Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS: So what has been happening is that my windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire Es 15) has only been booting to troubleshooting and it never says continue to Windows 10, I'm unsure if it is booting to the wrong partition. Also I am u a le to use bcdedit because it says, and I quote "The...
  9. Windows 10 displays blank windows until resizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 displays blank windows until resizing: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my PC and have a non-consistent issue where I click to open System or Calculator or some other item and I am presented with a blank window. To get the render to complete, I have to resize the window a bit and then it renders normally....
  10. Windows 10 Change OS Boot Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Change OS Boot Information: In Windows 7 you could do this trough msconfig.exe abnd get this http://i50.tinypic.com/biszna.jpg while booting the system is there a way to do the same in Windows 10 Pro x64 AU? Same method does not seem to work. 62015

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no display until windows 10 is up