Windows 10: Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

Discus and support Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Matt Crompton, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

Hello,

My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates to enter their password. Sometimes the username will appear, other times nothing will appear. On the lock screen you can see the date and time, but once you hit enter, it goes blank (you can still see the lock screen wallpaper). A simple restart will fix this, however at the rate this is happening that is only a work around, and if the user has an unsaved document that presents a problem. The only troubleshooting fix I've seen online outside of restarting so far has been to disable Fast Start under Power settings. I've done that, unfortunately at best all it does is decrease the occurrence. For reference this is happening on Lenovo X1 Carbon laptops, Gens 4, 5, and 6.

Thanks!

:)

Matt Crompton, Nov 5, 2018

2. Username and Password textbox not showing

Hi Friends,

Today my laptop upgraded to windows 10 automatically after i logged into my account if i take the sharing the username and password field is disabled and it is taking my current username and password when i not able to take the RDP it pops the same message.

Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username [​IMG]

Kindly help me to fix this issue.

drameshcbe, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Lock screen - "Other user" option missing User name and Password fields

This is seen on domain joined Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Under some circumstances clicking the "Other user" option at the lock screen with a user logged in will not display the User name and Password fields. Using tab and enter to select the current user then "Other user" will make them display. Has anybody else
    seen this issue?

Full repo instructions. There may be a quicker way to get into this state, but this is consistent:

• Have User1 logged in
    • Lock the screen
    • Enter an empty password 6 times for User1
    • Windows will display "Welcome..." message for a few seconds, then "The password is incorrect. Try again."
    • Clicking ok will go to the "Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to unlock" screen
    • Click "Other user"
    • Username and Password fields are missing
    To get out of this state:

• Press Tab untill User1 is highlighted
    • Press Enter
    • Press Tab until "Other user" is highlighted
    • Press Enter
    • User name and Password fields are now displayed

ChrisEvansXU, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

1. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username - Similar Threads - Field Password Username

2. How to enable username field in Ctrl+Alt+Del "Change a password" screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to enable username field in Ctrl+Alt+Del "Change a password" screen?: I have two computers, both joined to the same domain. I also have two domain user accounts, one with basic levels of access and the other with elevated levels of access; the latter is used primarily for mapping network drives or logging in to servers, and will typically never...
  3. How to enable username field in Ctrl+Alt+Del "Change a password" screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable username field in Ctrl+Alt+Del "Change a password" screen?: I have two computers, both joined to the same domain. I also have two domain user accounts, one with basic levels of access and the other with elevated levels of access; the latter is used primarily for mapping network drives or logging in to servers, and will typically never...
  4. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  5. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  6. Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields: I have a machine that when I do anything requiring elevation I'm getting the windows security pop up, but the username\password entry fields are missing and my only option is to select cancel. I've recreated the entire user profile but it's still happening. No idea at this...
  7. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password": Hi hi, I recently had my computer (An Acer Aspire E5-576) blue screen (Critical Process Died error) and ever since then I haven't been able to log in to my computer when it starts. I had used a pin number before but after the crash it will only let me enter a password,...
  8. Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...: I have a weird issue. Computer is Windows 10, joined to a domain. Issue just started a few days ago. When pressing CRTL-ALT-DELETE to login the username and password field boxes are missing. I have tried the following: 1. chkdsk c: /r 2. Startup Repair 3....
  9. Windows 10 lost username/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 lost username/password: A friend died, and his mother is asking my wife to gain access into his laptop. We think it would be running Win 10. It was new in late, 2016. Do I work with Microsoft directly on this, or can you advise? Thanks, 129156
  10. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d