Windows 10: Windows 10 No IPV4 Connectivity, Ipv6 works fine.

Discus and support Windows 10 No IPV4 Connectivity, Ipv6 works fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly today my laptop decided I cannot reach any IPV4 websites but IPV6 websites work fine. I checked the Wifi adapter status and it shows NO IPV4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jziggy101, Aug 11, 2020.

1. jziggy101 Win User

Windows 10 No IPV4 Connectivity, Ipv6 works fine.

Suddenly today my laptop decided I cannot reach any IPV4 websites but IPV6 websites work fine. I checked the Wifi adapter status and it shows NO IPV4 Connectivity. This laptop was not on the latest 2004 update so I did the update and STILL no connectivity.

Another thing I noticed is that this only affects the Wifi adapter. I did the 2004 update connected to the gigabit lan and everything works fine there but when I go back on wifi IPV4 does not work.

I looked over other people posts for this issue and nothing there is working for me. I cannot work with my laptop cabled to the LAN I must have it on wifi.

:)

jziggy101, Aug 11, 2020

2. Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally this Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected, means that the devices in not in use or not connected and it could be any device for example, Ethernet, WIFI, Bluetooth or Local Area Connection.

If you are using WI-FI for internet connection then Ethernet will show Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected.

In order to understand the issue and assist you accordingly, we need some information

• What is your network setup?
    • Are you seeing any errors?
    • Where you are seeing this information?

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps referred in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and check if it works.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Deusest Win User
    IPv4 not working ipv6 works fine

Recently I upgraded my windows to fall creator update by clean installation. I use a personal hotspot device connected via usb for internet access. Before update 1709 everything used to work fine but now I can only browse ipv6 websites. IPv4 shows
    no internet access. Troubleshoot says my pc is failing to obtain ip address. I’ve tried netsh commands and releasing and renewing ip. Even checked if essential services were running in services. IPv4 option is checked in properties of internet connection.
    Did three clean installation but it didn’t help. Contacted my isp but it didn’t help. I can browse IPv4 websites on my iPad and phone and laptop.

Deusest, Aug 11, 2020
  4. philness Win User

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

So I thought my problem was solved, and then just now my internet stopped working again. Same problem, ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access. Anyone have any suggestions?

philness, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 No IPV4 Connectivity, Ipv6 works fine. - Similar Threads - IPV4 Connectivity Ipv6

2. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: No connection to Internet, no connection icon appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-ipv4ipv6-disconnected/275ba775-dfca-4721-9d5a-671d3773d4b7
  3. no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...

no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...: This seems to be a reasonably common problem, based on the number of times it has appeared on this site.For me, it just started out of the blue. I am not aware of any updates, or any new software installed. It initially presented as two problems:My original wifi adapter name...
  4. no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...: This seems to be a reasonably common problem, based on the number of times it has appeared on this site.For me, it just started out of the blue. I am not aware of any updates, or any new software installed. It initially presented as two problems:My original wifi adapter name...
  5. no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  7. ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working: I tried to check again and again but it is showing me this try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6-is-not-working-but-ipv4-is-working/f677f505-fc5d-4967-a3c3-832a9021351f
  8. Windows 10 IPv4 connectivity: no internet access. IPv6 connectivity works perfectly fine.

Windows 10 IPv4 connectivity: no internet access. IPv6 connectivity works perfectly fine.: I am able to use sites such as google youtube facebook instagram, but unable to use many websites. They just do not load. Need help fixing this problem please. I use ethernet and have tried troubleshooting as much as possible, but still have not figured out a solution....
  9. IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4

IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4: I work with many open SSH sessions at least six using tmux. After a few hours, the sessions to IPv6 addresses are dropping. The ones to IPv4 are not. I am able to confirm that I have lost all IPv6 connectivity using the site https://test-ipv6.com/ Using ipConfig, I see...
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...