Windows 10: Windows 10 No login screen, No power icon, No Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 No login screen, No power icon, No Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After adding new users to a Windows 10 machine, Windows boots up but gives no login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hhelmbold, Feb 23, 2020.

1. hhelmbold Win User

Windows 10 No login screen, No power icon, No Safe Mode

After adding new users to a Windows 10 machine, Windows boots up but gives no login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen either.

Most forums refer to booting into Safe Mode, but this is not an option because there is no power icon? Why would Microdoft make "Safe Mode" only an option from booting from within Windows????

When using a repair disk option there is no Safe Mode Option. Previous versions of Windows used F8 and had the option to boot to Safe Mode during the boot process.

How can I get into Safe Mode?

:)

hhelmbold, Feb 23, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 No login screen, No power icon, No Safe Mode

Safe Mode in Windows 10; I chose poorly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try going to Safe Mode with Networking and see if it helps.

• On the login screen, click on the Power icon.
    • Click on Restart while pressing the
      Shift key.
    • A blue screen will appear with a few options.
      Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • Your system will restart, once you click on
      Restart.
      After the Manufacturer's logo display, you will view a blue screen with several options. Click
      F5 or 5 to go to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Now, login to the safe mode and restart your system again to go back to Normal mode
    If you can successfully
    login to Safe Mode with Networking then uninstall Display Adapters from Device Manager

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Graphics Card
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and see if you can login to your User Account in Normal Mode.
    If you can login to the normal mode, go to the Manufacturer's Website and install the latest Graphics Card.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 No login screen, No power icon, No Safe Mode

1. Windows 10 No login screen, No power icon, No Safe Mode - Similar Threads - login screen power

2. Power Icon Options Invisible on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Icon Options Invisible on Login Screen: Not sure when this happened as it's not a facility I use regularly. The options are still present. If you click in the right area you can restart etc, you just cant see them. Clicking the network icon produces the expected window and Ease of Use give the option window but the...
  3. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options: Hi, Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC. I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings. Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password. From the...
  4. Locked on safe mode login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked on safe mode login screen: Hi, I enabled safe mode in my windows 10 home via system settings boot options. After restarting my PC, safe mode started and gave me an error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your PIN again". Apart from this there is only one option to...
  5. Stuck at safe mode login window.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at safe mode login window.: I have curiously clicked on safe modenot safe mode with networking and now it is asking for password, at first i was trying by pinnot the password and now i come to know the password and pin were two differnt things.but i also don't remember the password.So i change the...
  6. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  7. IMPLEMENT A WAY TO EXIT SAFE-MODE IN THE LOGIN SCREEN FOR SAFE-MODE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IMPLEMENT A WAY TO EXIT SAFE-MODE IN THE LOGIN SCREEN FOR SAFE-MODE: I am currently stuck in safe-mode with a network bug not allowing airplane mode to be turned off. I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue where they couldn't get past the login screen no matter what they did. I just got off windows support telling me I'd have to...
  8. Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode: I was trying for the first time getting into safe mode because later I need to do it again to clean install my graphics driver. When windows restarts on safe mode, it requires me to enter my password. I’ve tried entering it many times but is still incorrect. I’m sure it is...
  9. No login screen, safe mode or recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No login screen, safe mode or recovery: on 11-26-2019 my T480 won't show the login screen. I normally would use the fingerprint reader to log in but it isn't registering at all. When I click on the login screen, that shows the time, it transitions to the log in page by dimming the screen and showing the Internet,...
  10. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 No login screen No power icon No Safe Mode