Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently had some weird fps drops precisely every one minute in every game on my pc and so I began testing my pc components. I swapped my gpu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NotSimBoi, Aug 24, 2019.

1. NotSimBoi Win User

Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard

Hi, I recently had some weird fps drops precisely every one minute in every game on my pc and so I began testing my pc components. I swapped my gpu, tested my ssd (containing windows) on my brothers laptop, installed windows on another ssd and swapped it with mine, swapped RAM sticks, disconnected case fans and still the drops remain. The only components left that I didn’t test are my motherboard, cpu and psu. And so I bought a new x470 motherboard and swapped it with my old b350 (the drops did not disappear btw) and now I cant activate my windows 10 (my guess is that using my ssd on my brothers laptop messed it up). I already tried the troubleshooting tool with no success. My windows 10 is an OEM copy that came with the pc when I bought it about 5-6 years ago and it always stayed activated after changing hardware several times untill this week.

My pc:

CPU: ryzen 7 1700

Motherboard: asus prime x470-pro

RAM: 16 gb corsair vengeance rgb

GPU: gtx 1080ti

PSU: evga supernova 750w

Storage: 1tb m.2 SSD, 480gb Sata SSD

I need help getting it reactivated please

:)

NotSimBoi, Aug 24, 2019
  2. KVPurren Win User

New cpu+motherboard, Windows 10 Pro no longer activated.

I upgraded my cpu and motherboard today and my windows 10 Pro is no longer activated, I had no idea switching motherboards/cpus deactivated my windows 10 upgrade. Is there anything I can do without having to spend a ridiculous 200 dollars for a new windows
    10?

KVPurren, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade after buying new motherboard de-activated windows

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate using your product key:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 24, 2019
  4. KordellS Win User

Motherboard Dead - Windows no longer activated

Motherboard died. I got a new motherboard but now my Windows software is no longer activated, but other software is ok. I am not very tech savvy so if I need to include more information in this post or if I should contact a professional please feel free
    to tell me.

Do I have to do something in order to have the Operating system to become activated, or should I see someone like the Best Buy Geek Squad? If I need to purchase another windows 10 CD that's fine as there is a sale at Staples, however, I would like to know
    if I use another Windows 10 cd with a license will it format or wipe out my other software and files?

KordellS, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard - Similar Threads - longer activated buying

2. Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows: Just as the title says. I just installed a new motherboard, but I'm using the same drives for my entire computer. As such, my windows activation key is no longer valid, but it should still be able to be used on my current computer. I have the product key available if...
  3. Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows: Just as the title says. I just installed a new motherboard, but I'm using the same drives for my entire computer. As such, my windows activation key is no longer valid, but it should still be able to be used on my current computer. I have the product key available if...
  4. Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license.

windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license.: I ordered new ram, motherboard and cpu, after putting pc components together and installing windows 10, without buying windows license it shows that windows is activated even though i didn't buy license and in installation process i pressed that i don't have product key.why...
  6. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard: Hello, I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7. I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using an older one and upon rebooting Windows informed me that it was no longer active. I followed the troubleshooter, eventually...
  7. Windows Activation after new motherboard

Windows Activation after new motherboard: Recently upgraded my gaming rig with a new motherboard and CPU. All was good for about 5 hours of gaming and browsing, when all of a sudden, I got the "Activate Windows" message pinned in the bottom right of my screen. I tried to activate via "I've upgraded my pc components"...
  8. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated: So I decided to get an upgrade on my pc so I got a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Now my windows 10 is not activated. I tried troubleshooting and tried to get it re-activated but Microsoft said I cant....
  9. Windows 10 Pro Activation after New Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro Activation after New Motherboard: my old motherboard died and I just replaced it. not I cant activate windows and it is not associated with my windows account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-after-new-motherboard/0ab7a027-21a8-4a2c-8e17-7707b39c057c"
  10. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard: Hi, Changed my motherboard, now my w10 is no longer active. I had a retail version which is no longer in my possession of w7. I've read before that I would need to roll back to w7 then reupdate to w10, but I don't see that option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changed motherboard and windows10 is no longer activated