Windows 10: Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

Discus and support Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfullyburn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ufo1947, Feb 6, 2021.

1. ufo1947 Win User

Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

Good Day All

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfullyburn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to recordthe second layer of the discs. They failwhen I try to play them. I have runmultiple scan tests of the failed discs with VSO Inspector and errors beginshowing up at just past the 50 % point of the scan. That indicates to me that the first layer didin fact burn correctly. Single layer 25gigabyte discs still burn just fine. Ihave tried three different internal Blu-ray burners all of which have burneddual layer discs successfully in the past The second layer still fails.

I make videos with Pinnacle Studio and have tried theprogram’s built-in burner. It fails onthe second layer. I have tried ANYmp4Blu-ray Copy Platinum. It fails. I have also tried using the method of simplydragging the BDMV same as an ISO file master file to the Blu-ray Burner Drive and use the built-in burningcapability of the Windows 10 File Explorer. It fails. Prior to the freshinstall of Windows 10, all three of these methods worked just fine andsuccessfully burned playable dual layer discs. I even tried burning a dual layer BDMV file that I know to be good,since I have used the file to create multiple discs in the past. Even that file fails to burn successfullynow.

I have made sure that I have the latest firmware for the burners. All three are Pioneer drives. One is a Pioneer BDR-212UBK and the twoothers are BDR-2209. All three driveshave worked perfectly before the fresh install of Windows 10.

I can only assume that something is either missing orincorrectly configured in Windows 10. Ihave gone through all the possible updates and video card drivers. So far, nothing has helped. I am hoping that someone who is experiencingor has experienced the same problem can point me in the right direction. I also hope that someone from Microsoft withtake notice of this issue and provide some assistance.

Thank You

:)

ufo1947, Feb 6, 2021
  2. JoshBlannin, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

I have a Dell XPS 8100 and all of a sudden, I can not burn DVD's. I have two drives, the DVD burner that came with the computer and a Blu-Ray burner (LG) that I added. Neither will burn DVD's but I have no problems burning Blu-Rays. It's not the blanks because I tried two different brands and not the burning software because I tried Nero 2018 and ImgBurn. The error message from ImgBurn says write failed. Any suggestions?

TheBigCheese, Feb 6, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

How big are the DVD files you are trying to burn? If the same file burns OK on a Blu-Ray it could be the size exceeds the DVD?
    Have you tried burning a CD-R data or music disc?

fireberd, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs - Similar Threads - Longer Burns Dual

2. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???: Or even dual-even dual layer Blu Ray discsMagix movie Edit Pro 2020, Windows 10Yes MEP can create an IMAGE to go to a dl dvd but then that cant be put on a disc. I tried MEP to the disc it creates the files but when goes to the disc it spits it out after a minute into the...
  3. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???: Or even dual-even dual layer Blu Ray discsMagix movie Edit Pro 2020, Windows 10Yes MEP can create an IMAGE to go to a dl dvd but then that cant be put on a disc. I tried MEP to the disc it creates the files but when goes to the disc it spits it out after a minute into the...
  4. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs: Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfullyburn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to recordthe second layer of the discs. They failwhen I try to play them. I have...
  6. dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade

dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade: Hi, I can no longer burn dl discs. I am not sure how long this problem has been for me, but I found out about it when trying to make a disc for win10 20h2. It appears to fail at the time when the process is starting to turn the corner to start the second layer. I have 2...
  7. Windows 10 Fails To Successfully Burn second layer of Dual Layer Blank Blu-ray Discs

Windows 10 Fails To Successfully Burn second layer of Dual Layer Blank Blu-ray Discs: Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfully burn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to record the second layer of the discs. They fail when I try to play them. I have...
  8. Blu-Ray disc support

Blu-Ray disc support: Blu-Ray triple-layer 100GB re-writable discs - what is the best software to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disc-support/e87e512c-da5e-41a6-95bc-58a6d26a41ab
  9. Burning Blu Ray

Burning Blu Ray: Hi, I was just wondering if in windows 10 you have to buy an external Blu Ray writer to be able to burn videos to a blank Blu ray disc? I have read this article https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-burn-cds-dvds-blu-ray-discs-windows/ and many others and am...
  10. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works: I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive. I guess you will have to replace one of the drives to verify it is a drive problem. DVD drives are relatively cheap any more. I see $20 DVD burner drives at...