Windows 10: Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

Discus and support Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This week brought Win10 ver 1903 and I can no longer get WiFi to connect if the ethernet cable is plugged in. If I boot with ethernet, manually trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PrestonClark4, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

This week brought Win10 ver 1903 and I can no longer get WiFi to connect if the ethernet cable is plugged in. If I boot with ethernet, manually trying to connect WiFi silently fails. If I boot without ethernet, WiFi is automatically connected yet drops if I plug in the ethernet cable. Both the WiFi and the ethernet work fine by themselves, just not at the same time so I don't think it is a driver problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

:)

PrestonClark4, Sep 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

For a number of months I have used an ethernet connection to a device in my lab and a WiFi connection to the Internet via a DSL modem. Upon boot up the ethernet connection was on (albeit without Internet) and I just manually connected the WiFi to the DSL
    modem. Worked fine.

This week brought Win10 ver 1903 and I can no longer get WiFi to connect if the ethernet cable is plugged in. If I boot with ethernet, manually trying to connect WiFi silently fails. If I boot without ethernet, WiFi is automatically connected yet drops
    if I plug in the ethernet cable. Both the WiFi and the ethernet work fine by themselves, just not at the same time so I don't think it is a driver problem.

I searched for any others finding a similar problem with 1903, but do not find any. I do note earlier advice to add the fMinimizeConnections=0 register key and tried that. No luck with that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Cliff

CliffKotnik, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

Richard,

Thanks for the suggestions. I must say you cast a pretty wide net there.

I have run the network diagnostic with ethernet connected and WiFi not. It finds nothing useful. Both ethernet and wifi are configured private. Since each of the networks works by themselves the rest of the items suggested there do not seem relevant.
    It has something to do with the version 1903 and two networks at once.

Cliff

CliffKotnik, Sep 22, 2019
  4. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

1. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi - Similar Threads - Longer Connects Ethernet

2. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  3. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  4. ethernet & WIFI connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  5. ethernet & WIFI connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  6. ethernet & WIFI connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Ethernet or Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  8. No WIFI or Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No WIFI or Ethernet connection: I have just built a new computer and downloaded an older version of Windows 10 from a USB I had laying around with the intention of updating the system to the newest version of Windows 10, however, I cannot connect to either WIFI or Ethernet meaning that I cannot just update...
  9. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi: For a number of months I have used an ethernet connection to a device in my lab and a WiFi connection to the Internet via a DSL modem. Upon boot up the ethernet connection was on (albeit without Internet) and I just manually connected the WiFi to the DSL modem. Worked fine....
  10. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi: Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections? 83525

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fminimizeconnections 1903

2. Why is my WiFi not connecting automatically in Windows 10 after a software update in 2019?

3. windows not allowing to connect to new router