Windows 10: Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting

Discus and support Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, not sure how it happened exactly, but I'm thinking it might have been a power failure or something during a windows update (or just a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RadeonBomber, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting

So, not sure how it happened exactly, but I'm thinking it might have been a power failure or something during a windows update (or just a windows update failure), but I recently had to reset windows. I chose the option to keep personal files when doing so.

I'm at least back up and running (though the PC still freezes if I try to put it to sleep or if it times out and tries to go to sleep), but I'm now greeted with the "Activate Windows" watermark on the desktop. I have not made any hardware changes, so in theory Windows should recognize my PC, right?

I previously had an active license for Windows 10 Pro, which I had as a result of free upgrade from Windows 8.

When I go to troubleshoot using the troubleshooter, I get "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. you can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"

It's an old article, but a google search found something on the Software Protection service. This service is stopped, and I cannot start it because "access is denied." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/activation-error-code-0xc0000022/9e43be5e-0932-4f84-8009-880e309325e7

Anyway...any guidance on how to resolve this?

:)

RadeonBomber, Oct 25, 2019
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting

IE7 Genuine Advantage Validation No Longer Required

Steven Reynolds, Microsoft's Internet Explorer Program Manager, has updated the IEBlog letting everyone know that you can now update to Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) without the previously required Windows Genuine Advantage validation.
    Source: IEBlog

malware, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting

1. Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting - Similar Threads - longer considered genuine

2. After Windows 10 reset sign-in with password is no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Windows 10 reset sign-in with password is no longer available: I was doing a Windows reset recently. Now after the reset the option to sign in with a username & password has disappeared. Windows 10 is always asking me to create a PIN - but I don't want to create a PIN, I want to use a username & password. It's beyond my understanding why...
  3. After Windows 10 reset sign-in with password is no longer available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 10 reset sign-in with password is no longer available: I was doing a Windows reset recently. Now after the reset the option to sign in with a username & password has disappeared. Windows 10 is always asking me to create a PIN - but I don't want to create a PIN, I want to use a username & password. It's beyond my understanding why...
  4. After Windows 10 reset sign-in with password is no longer available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?: Ever since downloading and installing Windows 11 clearly a huge mistake, I'm no longer considered Administrator of my laptop, even though I live alone and am the only one who uses it. I try very basic things, such as saving files to my desktop, and my computer says I'm not...
  6. Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?: Ever since downloading and installing Windows 11 clearly a huge mistake, I'm no longer considered Administrator of my laptop, even though I live alone and am the only one who uses it. I try very basic things, such as saving files to my desktop, and my computer says I'm not...
  7. my windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset": Today, I have had issues with Windows not being able to connect to the internet for about 5 min after I start or wake my laptop. After the network troubleshooter found nothing except that it could not reach the DNS server, I decided to use the network reset feature under...
  8. windows key is no longer genuine after backup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows key is no longer genuine after backup: so after taking backup of my computer with aomei and using it to restore windows with, i get a message that says this copy of windows is not genuine.. i have tried typing the key again but it says it has been blocked by microsoft.. it was working perfectly well previously?...
  9. windows key is no longer genuine after backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows key is no longer genuine after backup: so after taking backup of my computer with aomei and using it to restore windows with, i get a message that says this copy of windows is not genuine.. i have tried typing the key again but it says it has been blocked by microsoft.. it was working perfectly well previously?...
  10. Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset": This week, I have had issues with Windows not being able to connect to the internet for about 5 min after I start or wake my laptop. After the network troubleshooter found nothing except that it could not reach the DNS server, I decided to use the network reset feature under...