Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer displays the files that I had on my desk top

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer displays the files that I had on my desk top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desk top is now covered by the tiles. The files that I had saved to my desk top are no longer displayed. I can view and work with them by going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShirleyWilliams9, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 no longer displays the files that I had on my desk top

My desk top is now covered by the tiles. The files that I had saved to my desk top are no longer displayed. I can view and work with them by going to my C drive. What can I do to eliminate the tiles and get my original files to display on my desk top?

Thanks.

ShirleyWilliams9

:)

ShirleyWilliams9, Oct 25, 2020
  2. VIKIGPN Win User

missing recycle bin windows 10 wont add to desk top WHERE IS IT?????

i can not find my recycle bin in windows 10 despite following the steps to display it on the desk top......

VIKIGPN, Oct 25, 2020
  3. windows 10 desk top

Deleted photo from Windows 10 desk top but all desk top files and most icons disappeared as well?

DonLENAGHAN, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 no longer displays the files that I had on my desk top

I am having trouble saving a file to my desk top.

I am having trouble saving files to my desk top. Example, I have a spreadsheet ready, file , save as and Desk top is not listed as a choice to save it. My Documents... not there. Where do I go to save the file to my desk top? Desk top is not in my Documents

Florence Pica, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer displays the files that I had on my desk top

1. Windows 10 no longer displays the files that I had on my desk top - Similar Threads - longer displays files

2. Desk top display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top display problem: I have about 1 account saved to my desktop and chats from the internet that are open and running on my background in a semi transparent manner and I can not close them. Shutting down the computer will not even remove them...
  3. Desk top display stuck

Desk top display stuck: I went to settings in the lower left of my pc. Somehow two boxes whith 6 apps ineach box appeared and the desktop wallpaper is dimmed and faded out. The task bar at the bottom has dissapeared and i cannot close those two boxes. I think they are pinned. Ihave shut down and...
  4. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  5. desk top

desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  6. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  7. desk top in "Windows 10".

desk top in "Windows 10".: "Windows 10",I Go to the desktop, right click anywhere, hover my mouse over new ,then screen locks up until I right click then screen turns white and desktop returns to normal....
  8. i want to alphabitize my desk top files.

i want to alphabitize my desk top files.: I want to alphabetize my desk top files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-alphabitize-my-desk-top-files/57547cb8-c4a8-4d45-8b42-c0294d20c242
  9. windows 10 desk top

windows 10 desk top: Deleted photo from Windows 10 desk top but all desk top files and most icons disappeared as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desk-top/90259388-10e0-4cee-85a2-0e48050931b5
  10. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...