Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Starting several weeks ago, my camera images I download no longer have the full EXIF data (ISO, shutter speed, etc.) under properties; details, It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattenglish12, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data

Starting several weeks ago, my camera images I download no longer have the full EXIF data (ISO, shutter speed, etc.) under properties; details, It worked fine up until then and still works when downloading to my Android smartphone. I ruled out the problem coming from other sources. Thank you so much for any feedback!

:)

mattenglish12, Dec 20, 2019
  2. chipwood Win User

Amending EXIF data

I am attempting to amend EXIF data of photo in Properties, Details. I can change Data taken, which usually includes time xx:xx, When, however, I try to include time in the edit, it's not permitted. Time is automatically defaulted to the current.

Suggestions, please, how to get round this, or suitable application that will do what I want.

chipwood, Dec 20, 2019
  3. h_c_s Win User
    Windows Photos exif data

Hi,

I've recently started using Windows 10 and I'm surprised to find that the Windows Photos app doesn't support exif data. I can view the details in file properties, but not in the gallery. Why has such a seemingly basic feature been dropped?

Please tell me when this is going to be updated, or recommend a suitable alternative app.

Thank you

h_c_s, Dec 20, 2019
  4. NeilMayes Win User

Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data

EXIF Data Ribbon in Win 10

With Win 7, When I selected a photo, the EXIF data would show up as a ribbon above the task bar. Not so in Win 10. How do I get Win 10 do display the EXIF ribbon?

NeilMayes, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data

1. Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data - Similar Threads - longer downloading photo

2. How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data: I wish to look at the orientation data for images. While I can open these in a 3rd party viewer, I would prefer to see the EXIF before importing it into software. Photoshop, for example, will take the Orientation EXIF into account when it opens the file, but saving it will...
  3. How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data: I wish to look at the orientation data for images. While I can open these in a 3rd party viewer, I would prefer to see the EXIF before importing it into software. Photoshop, for example, will take the Orientation EXIF into account when it opens the file, but saving it will...
  4. How to retain EXIF Data when editing photos in Windows Photos app? Works fine on Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retain EXIF Data when editing photos in Windows Photos app? Works fine on Windows 10...: Hi all,In Windows 10 I could edit a photo using the built-in Windows 10 Photos App. Specifically, I would regularly crop images and sometimes apply a filter etc. I could then save the changes to the image file and the original EXIF metadata such as the geographical...
  5. How to retain EXIF Data when editing photos in Windows Photos app? Works fine on Windows 10...

How to retain EXIF Data when editing photos in Windows Photos app? Works fine on Windows 10...: Hi all,In Windows 10 I could edit a photo using the built-in Windows 10 Photos App. Specifically, I would regularly crop images and sometimes apply a filter etc. I could then save the changes to the image file and the original EXIF metadata such as the geographical...
  6. Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?: Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?I have location and "date taken" and caption data on my iPhone but, when I copy those photos to my Windows PC just by browsing to the iPhone and copying because, right now, Photos import...
  7. Utility to timestamp photos by exif data?

Utility to timestamp photos by exif data?: I lean heavily on the Windows/Explorer file date and timestamp to sort jpg and other image files chronologically. This used to be easy when most of my photos were copied from a memory card, or directly from a phone. However, more and more of my photos are downloaded from a...
  8. Windows 10 default photo app not saving full EXIF data. ?

Windows 10 default photo app not saving full EXIF data. ?: This is anew occurrence over the past several weeks. I am downloading photos from my camera via USB port/cord as always, doing everything EXACTLY as before, when all EXIF was being displayed. Now the IOS, F#, shutter speed, etc, is no longer displayed. Please advise....
  9. Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.: Hello, Re.: The thread on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-photos-taken-by-a-specific-camera/718475f8-38df-40b6-9132-16a6b4e76c27 The script given by Frederik Long on July 24, 2017 is just what I've been looking for, but I get a...
  10. Amending EXIF data

in Windows 10 Support
    Amending EXIF data: I am attempting to amend EXIF data of photo in Properties, Details. I can change Data taken, which usually includes time xx:xx, When, however, I try to include time in the edit, it's not permitted. Time is automatically defaulted to the current. Suggestions, please, how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is exif data lost when downloading