Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer prompts for password on return from hibernation.

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer prompts for password on return from hibernation. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How can I reset this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by smcc42, Oct 22, 2019.

1. smcc42 Win User

Windows 10 no longer prompts for password on return from hibernation.

How can I reset this?

:)

smcc42, Oct 22, 2019

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 22, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    Reset Windows 10 password without using third party tools

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no longer prompts for password on return from hibernation. - Similar Threads - longer prompts password

2. Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10: For many years, I used sleep mode in between sessions so that my apps would retain their open windows and files. Then when sleep mode stopped working and causing my computer to freeze requiring a hard boot,...
  3. Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10: For many years, I used sleep mode in between sessions so that my apps would retain their open windows and files. Then when sleep mode stopped working and causing my computer to freeze requiring a hard boot,...
  4. BSOD: BthA2dp.sys fails after returning from hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: BthA2dp.sys fails after returning from hibernation: Hello,The title pretty much summarizes my problem, here are the details:I use a Sony SRS-XB21 as a Bluetooth PC speaker for my desktop computer. The dongle is ASUS brand, Bluetooth 4.0, model USB-BT400. The PC is configured to hibernate. Now the problem: If the speaker is off...
  5. Windows 10: No longer goes into sleep or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: No longer goes into sleep or hibernate.: Since a few updates ago, my desktop no longer goes into sleep mode. As a bonus, my computer will be on, but no amount of activity will cause my monitors to turn back on. I am forced to hold the power button down until it manually shuts off, so I can turn it back on....
  6. Windows 10 no longer hibernates or sleeps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 no longer hibernates or sleeps?: I've been working on this for awhile now, and nothing I have found helps. I generally like my PC to hibernate or sleep if I am not going to want to use it for hours. Windows 10 no longer does either. I've been trying everything I have found on Google, but nothing so far has...
  7. Windows 10 No password prompt.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 No password prompt.: I successfully upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 home. I was assigned a digital licence and all was working well. I then was prompted to login to my microsoft account, which i did and then i could see that my Windows 10 was still a digital licence but was now...
  8. hibernate return goes direct to "incorrect password" windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    hibernate return goes direct to "incorrect password" windows 10: Today when I came out of my usual hibernate mode the system went straight to a screen with password incorrect, even though I had not entered anything. hitting enter did only refreshed that screen and did not allow me to enter a password. If i hit closedown then again it...
  9. windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE since about the December cumulative update for windows 10, when I wake the system, the login screen is acting like I am running windows on a 20 year old machine, not one less than a year old. the cursor...
  10. Lock Screen does not return to password / log-in prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Screen does not return to password / log-in prompt: When I first boot up my laptop, I get to a log-in screen (lock screen?) and enter my password. The laptop then finishes the startup routine, and I am at the desktop screen. Problem... If the laptop is returned to the lock screen either by inactivity time-out settings or...