Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer recognises my camera

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer recognises my camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ30 camera. Yesterday I was uploading photos with no problem. Today, Windows 10 tells me that the device isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josephine JMcHale, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 no longer recognises my camera

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ30 camera. Yesterday I was uploading photos with no problem. Today, Windows 10 tells me that the device isn't recognised. As far as I can tell, I have done nothing to change anything. What can have happened?

:)

Josephine JMcHale, Apr 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade and camera no longer recognised by computer

Many thanks for all the suggestions.

In the end I found the upgrade was coincidental.

I tested the connection with a different, smaller memory in the camera and it worked OK.

So I deleted unwanted pics - 2000 - took me ages - and then the camera with the memory I wanted was recognised.

One for the notebook methinks!

many thanks once again

VivienneRayner, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Windows 10 no longer recognises my camera [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 no longer recognises my camera

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer recognises my camera

1. Windows 10 no longer recognises my camera - Similar Threads - longer recognises camera

2. Camera not recognised by my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not recognised by my PC: I have a Kodak M530 camera which I use for the likes of taking ebay pictures while I use a much smarter Nikon D3300 camera for daily use. To download the pictures I have USB leads that are plugged into one of the ports on the rear of my PC.Everything works fine and has done...
  3. Camera not recognised by my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not recognised by my PC: I have a Kodak M530 camera which I use for the likes of taking ebay pictures while I use a much smarter Nikon D3300 camera for daily use. To download the pictures I have USB leads that are plugged into one of the ports on the rear of my PC.Everything works fine and has done...
  4. Camera not recognised by my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

Windows 10 does not recognise cameras: External ones that is, 2 brands, 4 models.Plugging them in to USB ports has no effectI've tried 3 USB ports, a direct one on the PC, a hub and one on the side of an attached external drive. All three ports work fine with flash drives. No response whatsoever from any of my...
  6. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  7. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  8. Camera not recognised

9. my tomtom is no longer recognised

my tomtom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized....
  10. Windows 10 upgrade and camera no longer recognised by computer

Windows 10 upgrade and camera no longer recognised by computer: All of a sudden my computer will not recognise my camera. I have exactly the same issue with my laptop not recognising the camera and the only common feature is Windows which has been upgraded at least once since I last connected the camera. Can I uninstall the last 2...