Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about the past month since a recent upgrade, my machine has been unable to recognize my phone when it's connected or my external DVD player. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NR Pax, Jul 3, 2020.

1. NR Pax Win User

Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone

For about the past month since a recent upgrade, my machine has been unable to recognize my phone when it's connected or my external DVD player. I am unable to rollback to a previous version of the OS, the computer will beep when either device is plugged in and they are getting power but that's all I am able to accomplish.

:)

NR Pax, Jul 3, 2020

2. external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to external DVD player not being recognized by the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. How are you connecting the external DVD player?
    2. What is the error message that you receive when you connect the DVD player?
    3. Have you tried connecting it to a different port?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?
    5. Were you able to connect the DVD player previously to the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-installing the Chipset drivers and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    4. Right click on the USB Root Hub and click on Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall
    7. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can try downloading the chipset drivers from the manufacturer of the PC and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 3, 2020
  3. external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

how do I get my pc to recognize the external dvd player

mikebreaux, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone

external dvd player

my external dvd player is not being recognized by my pc windows 10

mikebreaux, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone

1. Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone - Similar Threads - longer recognizing external

2. why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player: why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-not-recognize-an-external-usb-dvd/6eb4bd2d-04cc-46a2-912f-448ba0caca8b
  3. why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player: why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-not-recognize-an-external-usb-dvd/6eb4bd2d-04cc-46a2-912f-448ba0caca8b
  4. DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's

DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's: I have an HP CDDVDW SH-216ALN When I insert a blank DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD-R File Explorer says that there is no disc in the drive. However it will read a CD and a commercial DVD The discs are not faulty since they are all read in my husband's computer without any...
  5. My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10

My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10: After recent update i can't play dvd in dvd and it is not recognize by dvd player and I am facing this issue after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-is-not-recognize-by-dvd-player-in-windows/47a91ca3-864c-406c-bd45-05589e6d80f0
  6. windows 10 not recognizeing DVD player

windows 10 not recognizeing DVD player: windows 10 not recognizing DVD Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognizeing-dvd-player/5cbeca7c-973b-427d-981b-7ad574aeec30
  7. external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

external dvd player not recognized by windows 10: how do I get my pc to recognize the external dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player-not-recognized-by-windows-10/430a521a-7a6b-48ef-86fc-5e314f61d79e
  8. external dvd player

external dvd player: I want to watch dvd's by plugging in my dvd player into my windows 10 laptop. there is a hdmi cable coming from the dvd player-does it need to have a USB end to plug into my laptop? I have tried plugging in the existing cable that has an hdmi end but nothing happens...
  9. External DVD not recognized by Windows 10

External DVD not recognized by Windows 10: After updating windows 10 on my laptop I could not get my external DVD/CD Player/Burner to show up or work. After extensive searches for a fix and trying many things that did not work I fixed my problem. This is what worked for me. I hope it helps someone else. The second...
  10. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external drive for a dvd player isn't working, why would Microsoft block a usb port.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/00de94a9-ad51-4a91-8597-8cf18e2c7242