Windows 10: WIndows 10 no longer remembers any website passwords, auto logons Onedrive, or email...

Discus and support WIndows 10 no longer remembers any website passwords, auto logons Onedrive, or email... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve been at my wits end all week. PC. Windows 10. Outlook 2019. About 3 days ago Outlook suddenly started asking for my gmail account passwords, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LHnTX, Sep 16, 2020.

1. LHnTX Win User

WIndows 10 no longer remembers any website passwords, auto logons Onedrive, or email...

I’ve been at my wits end all week. PC. Windows 10. Outlook 2019. About 3 days ago Outlook suddenly started asking for my gmail account passwords, my business account, and my personal accounts passwords or 2 factor authorization every time I started it. I have three gmail, one personal, one business, and other accounts with long passwords and the password box does not allow copy/paste from my password management software, so this is a pain. Some gmail accounts allow authorization via my phone, some require typing in the password 20 random characters. iCloud for Outlook has also quit working and says wrong password this actually happens quite often so I know the fix. I’ve logged off my iCloud account, I unchecked “outlook for iCloud” and rechecked it. This will work for a while then quit working again. Google Chrome always has my logon “paused”, so I have to manually logon again, even after reboots. Onedrive quit auto logon at reboot. I was using Edge and it no longer remembered any of my passwords, so I switched back to Chrome and it did the same thing. I have virusscann software and pro malware bytes and other virus protection. I’ve not changed anything. Windows software is all up to date. There are no virus hits. I’m very cautious and never click unknown links in emails and my virus scan software checks my emails and removes bad links anyway. I’ve reinstalled Office 365 and Outlook. I’ve reinstalled iCloud and iCloud for outlook. I’ve run PST file fix multiple times. I finally had to turn off 2 factor in Google just to get past the password requests, now Outlook is asking again! I've deleted my gmail accounts, comcast account and apple accounts from Outlook and reinstalled, but Outlook will still ask for passwords or 2 factor authorization after a restart. iCloud for Outlook will work for a day, then suddenly say wrong password I have an IOS generated password for 2 factor or “go online” and no longer syncing with IOS. I’ve reset onedrive yet the problem will suddenly reoccur. Google will also not stay logged in. If I start file explore, I cannot access my onedrive files on my PC, but I can access online. The onedrive taskbar icon says "up do date" I’m pretty tech savy, but this has me pulling my hair out. I’ve searched and searched the internet for fixes and nothing works. I think that I have the issue fixed, and they will start up again. I've run dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorhealth multiple times. I've run sfc /scannow multiple times. I have read some comments that the last major windows update was causing some issues like this, but I've not been able to confirm this or find any solutions.

:)

LHnTX, Sep 16, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. FiiLeTe Win User
    Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Sep 16, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 no longer remembers any website passwords, auto logons Onedrive, or email...

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 no longer remembers any website passwords, auto logons Onedrive, or email...

1. WIndows 10 no longer remembers any website passwords, auto logons Onedrive, or email... - Similar Threads - longer remembers website

2. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2: Does anyone know why the User Accounts window wouldn't have the check box that is supposed to appear above the "Users for this computer:" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-logon-with-controluserpasswords2/2e01c503-7ea6-4dfd-8024-01f968b83e8b
  3. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2: Does anyone know why the User Accounts window wouldn't have the check box that is supposed to appear above the "Users for this computer:" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-logon-with-controluserpasswords2/2e01c503-7ea6-4dfd-8024-01f968b83e8b
  4. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords: I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro to version 2004 several weeks ago. Starting last week I noticed that credential manager has stopped remembering ALL passwords, including those not associated with Microsoft. I read several threads about this issue, but was unable to find a...
  6. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  7. Auto Logon

Auto Logon: I have been using Auto Logon on my home PC for years. In the past I used netplwiz to set it up. I recently reloaded my computer OS due to ongoing Blue Screen issues. I use Microsoft's create media tool to create a bootable thumb drive and installed from there. Went to...
  8. Trying to auto logon to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trying to auto logon to Windows 10: I have been able to do this successfully before. I am Trying to auto logon to Windows 10. Logon itself seems to work okay when I reboot. When it resumes from sleep, no go. I have tried everything that I know including screensaver power options , and first checking the...
  9. printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app: please help, this just happened after a few failed updates, enclosing screenshot...when I click on print it opens up "this pc/documents and ask to save as printer file .prn and printer dialogue window closes, this is very bad as printer status is ready and all is well with...
  10. Windows 10 logon password

Windows 10 logon password: How do I change the logon password for logging on to my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logon-password/5026193f-f557-4354-ae34-0b4a8daf97a9"