Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer sees my WDTV network with external hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer sees my WDTV network with external hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I go on the network it see the WDTV as existing , I can cast a show to it but not longer can connect to the 5TB hard drive from my PC that is using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lery616, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Lery616 Win User

Windows 10 no longer sees my WDTV network with external hard drive

I go on the network it see the WDTV as existing , I can cast a show to it but not longer can connect to the 5TB hard drive from my PC that is using windows 10. It used to work a couple of weeks ago perfect. I have an old laptop running Vista and it sees everything perfect. Have done everything I know of to see it to no avail. I can cast to it so it sees it.

Who know what I can do to fix this.

:)

Lery616, Jul 5, 2018
  2. linuxgirl Win User

WD TV Live - External HD no longer showing in Windows 10 Network

Hello everyone,

I have a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. There is a WD My Passport external hard drive attached to it via USB.

Until last week, I could connect via my windows 10 network to the my passport and transfer files from my laptop directly to the My Passport that is attached to the WDTV. I have been able to do this for years.

Now for some reason, I see the wdtv icon on my networking window, but the My Passport is no longer showing under "Computers" as it used to (please see attached pic, the red squares illustrate what I mean).

I didn’t change anything, I have windows 10 Pro (upgraded from win 7 on the anniversary) and it is really a pain to have to connect the external drive to my laptop every time I want to transfer files.

I know it is possible to watch content the other way around, from wdtv connecting to my pc, but I prefer to attach an external device to the wdtv as a source of content because the quality is better.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

I read somewhere that WDTV uses old SMB1 protocol that is no longer supported by windows 10 - BUT - if this is so, how come I still see the WDTV device on my network and how come I always managed to see the My Passport under Computer (in Networking) and transfer files from my laptop, wirelessly, to that external drive?

Any ideas and help are more than welcome!

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Windows 10 no longer sees my WDTV network with external hard drive [​IMG]

linuxgirl, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jul 5, 2018
  4. margiris Win User

Windows 10 upgrade no longer sees external hard drive

My PC was forcibly upgraded to Windows 10. Preparing for an off line backup I plugged my external hard drive that I always use in to the PC and it is no longer recognized by my computer though windows 10 still chimes when the device is plugged into the
    PC. While it does not recognize the USB connected hard drive it is still able to access old USB sticks. I bought a new external hard drive and that also is not recognized by this PC. My laptop that I bought with Windows 10 installed recognizes both the
    old external Hard Drive and the New one.

margiris, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no longer sees my WDTV network with external hard drive - Similar Threads - longer sees WDTV

2. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  3. Windows 10 does not see external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not see external hard drives: As the title says, Windows 10 doesn't see my external drives, but it does see a USB stick. Background: I have shrunk C: Drive, created a simple volume with disk management and it shows as new volume? F:, which is behind my Data drive. I don't know if this is coincidence or if...
  4. Wdtv Live no longer seeing Network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wdtv Live no longer seeing Network shares: I used to be able to play my videos through network shares with my WDTV Live HD Media player. I installed Plex media server on the computer that contains my media . With that installed I seem to have lost my network shares function with WDTV Live. However I can play the files...
  5. Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive: Hello I'm having trouble with the Microsoft store not detecting My External Hard drive it's saying From your compatible drives pick one with at least 127.0 GB And all that comes up is C: 10.9 GB Disk space remaining When I have got a hard drive which is called WEOYC25-1T F:...
  6. Can't see Networked External Hard Drive on either of my two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Networked External Hard Drive on either of my two computers: Hello, I am trying to share my External WD Hard Drive between my two computer so that I don't have to keep unplugging it and switching it between PCs. Both of my computers use Windows 10 and they are both plugged in using two Cat5 cables which are plugged into my Network...
  7. Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives

Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives: Acer Aspire HDMI DESKTOP-I2PLF68 Intel Core i5-9400 2.90 GHz 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable core 4 I have tried to use the device mgr and other recommended steps in support section. I even tried to reformat one of the HD's which does show up as a primary...
  8. Unable to see external hard drive

Unable to see external hard drive: Hi, When I look in my computer or device manager my external hard drives are not visible. However, when I connect the hard drives it makes the usb connection sound. The drives are visible when connected to a different computer. But not when connected to a different usb on...
  9. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...
  10. External Hard Drives no longer working

External Hard Drives no longer working: Hi, having some really frustrating issues with my laptop and had to create a profile on this site as nothing seems to be working. I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 10 (version 1511, OS Build 10586.36). I have been travelling for a while so haven't updated for quite some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to read my wdtv hardrivers from network windowws 10

2. windows 10 no wdtv files