Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer shows image previews

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer shows image previews in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When clicking on an image in Windows Explorer, I now get a blank window instead of a preview. I suspect the latest update may have killed image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 no longer shows image previews

When clicking on an image in Windows Explorer, I now get a blank window instead of a preview. I suspect the latest update may have killed image previews.

Right now I’ve had a blank window for about 15 minutes. Earlier tonight Windows did give me some errors after the image preview gave up after about five minutes:

Windows 10 no longer shows image previews d44b5b92-90e6-48fa-b071-efb8529d37be?upload=true.png

Windows 10 no longer shows image previews a567111e-35e0-4813-9a36-8bb1a5da5e93?upload=true.png

The files are both fine. They load perfectly in every other program, just not Windows’ own native image preview. Any thoughts out there?

:)

Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Feb 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 preview pane does not show image previews

I have file explorer open, preview pane is selected. No matter what layout I choose the image file does not show in the preview pane. Large icons, list, it does not show either way.

Any thoughts and ideas?

MatthewS72, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi RuthZekowski,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue with all your files or any particular files?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

The Preview pane shows the contents of certain files selected in File Explorer. For images, it is a thumbnail preview.

If you are unable to preview in File explorer, I suggest you to try the below steps.

1. Open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.
    2. Click Options, and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options dialog.
    3. Check the Show preview handlers in preview pane box, and click/tap on OK.​

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 no longer shows image previews

Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

RuthZekowski, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer shows image previews

1. Windows 10 no longer shows image previews - Similar Threads - longer shows image

2. Windows email app not showing image previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows email app not showing image previews: It appears that a recent update has stopped the application from previewing images in emails. The setting says this cannot be enabled. Is there a fix for this?...
  3. Windows email app not showing image previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows email app not showing image previews: It appears that a recent update has stopped the application from previewing images in emails. The setting says this cannot be enabled. Is there a fix for this?...
  4. Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer: As of earlier today I noticed that newly downloaded images are not displaying their thumbnails. Went online to look for solutions, looks like a lot of users are having this problem but very few have had offered solutions that aren't completely generic or pulled from a Third...
  5. HDRI Image preview in Windows 10

HDRI Image preview in Windows 10: Hi, I'm trying to find a solution to enable HDRI image previews on my system. Is there a way? Regards, Chris Windows 10 Pro for Workstations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdri-image-preview-in-windows-10/26b17a90-405e-4f15-8107-a74d5e0bef4b
  6. Image Previews Not Showing

Image Previews Not Showing: Kind Regards, I recently had a clean reinstall of Win10 and ever since then, my image preview thumbnails are not showing. I have followed just about any instruction in this forum and in other threads to try and fix this problem but I just can`t solve it. My folder...
  7. Windows 10 Image Preview doesn't show images but blank

Windows 10 Image Preview doesn't show images but blank: Hi, my PC suddenly stopped showing the preview images. Every picture look like this: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-image-preview-doesnt-show-images-but/6d898c9b-6c8a-4231-a3fb-051304091abe"
  8. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images: I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save it or redo the cropping. Now cropping an image only lets you save a copy instead. If the crop is unsatisfactory I have to save...
  9. Windows Image Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Preview: I advice everyone to download the Vista version of the windows image preview because it has gif support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-image-preview/03bdf898-d716-4492-b28b-1f1cd2a9a9ce
  10. Windows will no longer show different images on different screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will no longer show different images on different screens: It seems I have 3 monitor 3s. As a result, the same image now shows on all 3 screens, as opposed to the way it used to work (where all 3 screens would have different images). Is there a way to fix this? [img] 27858