Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening...

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all... I checked the microsoft website and I do still have the profile picture, it just wont show up in the start menu, settings, or log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Random_Lantern, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening...

Title says it all...

I checked the microsoft website and I do still have the profile picture, it just wont show up in the start menu, settings, or log in screen.

I'm not sure how to fix this, it's just kinda annoying.

submitted by /u/A_Random_Lantern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_Random_Lantern, Dec 6, 2020

2. Microsoft account profile picture

I changed my Microsoft account profile picture yesterday afternoon, my account is set to sync because before changing my account picture it was the previous one that was synced. So now it’s still the old Microsoft account picture, the store and apps show the new one but the account picture didn’t change and when I add a email account in mail, the icon is the old profile picture... so it’s like it did a 10% sync ... how long before I see the complete changes or sync.

Steven Campoli, Dec 6, 2020
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings.

I did a clean install of 1809 while I'm disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be installed. After installation, I connected to the internet and have succesfully logged in with my Microsoft account and confirmed it in the Account Settings.
    On previous Windows 10 versions, this would immediately show me the Microsoft Account's profile picture in all of the above mentioned places, but on 1809 it just won't show up.

I have tried the following:
    1. Did several reboots as well as cold boots
    2. Went back to a local account and logged in again with my Microsoft Account.
    3. Removed and changed my online Microsoft account's profile picture.
    4. Did an sfc/ scannow without finding any integrity violations.
    5. Ran the Account Troubleshooter

The option to Sync my Settings is enabled. I have Windows Pro x64.
    It seems that Windows is not connecting properly to my online Microsoft account but not sure why. All the other Microsoft apps such as Mail, Calendar, Weather, News, etc. are showing my profile picture normally.

What can I do to solve this?

JohnnyGui, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening...

1. Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening... - Similar Threads - longer shows microsoft

2. Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows: Clean installed Windows 10 and set it up with my Microsoft account and everything was good except my profile picture of my Microsoft account wasn't showing at all inside Windows. Windows apps e.g. Feedback Hub, One Drive, Microsoft Store show my profile picture, but...
  3. Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows: Clean installed Windows 10 and set it up with my Microsoft account and everything was good except my profile picture of my Microsoft account wasn't showing at all inside Windows. Windows apps e.g. Feedback Hub, One Drive, Microsoft Store show my profile picture, but...
  4. Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store not showing my profile picture

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not showing my profile picture: profile picture not showing in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-showing-my-profile-picture/c9197680-bd39-4050-a6d9-107a03610ba0
  6. Microsoft account profile picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account profile picture: I changed my Microsoft account profile picture yesterday afternoon, my account is set to sync because before changing my account picture it was the previous one that was synced. So now it’s still the old Microsoft account picture, the store and apps show the new one but the...
  7. Microsoft Account Profile PIcture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Profile PIcture: Cant find the appropriate category to ask this question so this is where its going... This is probably a dumb question and the answer is going to end up being obvious. I don't want to change my Microsoft Account profile picture. But I can no longer find it on my hard drive....
  8. Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere: After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings. I did a clean install of 1809 while I'm disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be...
  9. Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere: After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings. I did a clean install of 1809 while I was disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be...
  10. Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere: After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings. I did a clean install of 1809 while I'm disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be...