Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset"

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This week, I have had issues with Windows not being able to connect to the internet for about 5 min after I start or wake my laptop. After the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FlukeLee, Apr 19, 2019.

1. FlukeLee Win User

Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset"

This week, I have had issues with Windows not being able to connect to the internet for about 5 min after I start or wake my laptop. After the network troubleshooter found nothing except that it could not reach the DNS server, I decided to use the network reset feature under Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset. It gave a message that windows would restart automatically after 5 min.

After it restarted, Windows took a very long time to login and then displayed a notification "Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service. Contact your system administrator." Then, it displayed "Windows has encountered an error and will restart in 1 minute." None of the core windows administrative tools (task manager, services, command line) will start, and instead display a popup "C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.msc The service cannot accept control messages at this time"

After being stuck in this restart - SENS error - restart cycle about 10 times, I tried System Restore using the troubleshooting menu accessed by pressing shift while clicking restart on the logon screen. System Restore seemed to proceed as normal and returned to my desktop with a notice that the system was restored to the previous restore point successfully. Then, my laptop suddenly rebooted and went to the HP logo screen with a message "diagnosing system ...", then "repairing system", then a message that windows failed to repair the system, then it returned to the troubleshooting screen.

After a few restarts and other attempts (such as "exit and start windows 10 normally"), my laptop will only boot to the troubleshooting page.

Does anybody have any suggestions how to repair my system other than wipe and start over with a clean copy of Windows from an external installation media drive?

Thanks a lot!

System info:

Windows 10, 1803 Educator's Edition

HP Pavilion

i7-7700HQ CPU, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD (CWindows 10 no longer starts after "network reset" :), 1TB HDD, GTX1050 GPU

:)

FlukeLee, Apr 19, 2019

2. Specified network name is no longer available

Hi Satish,

It could be an outdated driver or misconfigured settings why this issue occurs. Let's troubleshoot your issue by running the Network Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help us to identify the cause of the issue and fix it at the same time.

To run the troubleshooter:

• First, in the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter.
    • Then, select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Lastly, follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the issue.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following:

1. Download and run the easy fix solution:
    Find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.

2. Update the network adapter driver.

To do this:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters, then click
      network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, select Start, then click
      Power.
    • Select Restart if you're asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
    3. If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

4. Run the HomeGroup Reset troubleshooter.

• Connect your Windows 10 PC to a home network, and make sure no other PCs in the homegroup are connected.
    • Run the
      HomeGroup Reset troubleshooter
    • Select Start, type HomeGroup, select it from the list of results, and then create a new homegroup.

For more troubleshooting steps, please visit these article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

HomeGroup from start to finish.

Marvelos Reg, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset" - Similar Threads - longer starts network

2. Windows 10 Not Starting After Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Not Starting After Reset: I am using a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10 installed. I used the Reset option available to reset my laptop before resale. I opted for a complete reset that takes longer. However, in the second half of the process, my laptop starting rebooting multiple times. While this is...
  3. Windows 10 Not Starting After Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not Starting After Reset: I am using a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10 installed. I used the Reset option available to reset my laptop before resale. I opted for a complete reset that takes longer. However, in the second half of the process, my laptop starting rebooting multiple times. While this is...
  4. Windows 10 Not Starting After Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset": Today, I have had issues with Windows not being able to connect to the internet for about 5 min after I start or wake my laptop. After the network troubleshooter found nothing except that it could not reach the DNS server, I decided to use the network reset feature under...
  6. Windows 10 won't start after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't start after reset: Hello. I have a laptop with windows 10. I tried to restore Windows because I was having a problem with the code windows immersive control panel cw5n1h2txyewy...All Windows functions had stopped like start menu, settings,task manager, storeetc and suddenly somewhere in 60% I...
  7. Windows not starting after a reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not starting after a reset.: I did a factory reset. After that a "hi there" window comes which ask basic details like time zone and keyboard layout. When i click next a message appears, which says, " why did my PC restart?" "Theres a problem thats keeping us from getting your pc ready to use". It asks...
  8. windows 10 not starting after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 not starting after reset: After resetting my windows 10 without errors btw , I was greeted with Asus bios instead of the regular windows setup and I'm unable to boot into Windows and my laptop is basically useless at this point. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 - No longer considered genuine after resetting: So, not sure how it happened exactly, but I'm thinking it might have been a power failure or something during a windows update (or just a windows update failure), but I recently had to reset windows. I chose the option to keep personal files when doing so. I'm at least back...
  10. Can no longer access network storage after computer reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer access network storage after computer reset: Hi, I recently reset my laptop and can now no longer access my network shared storage computer (running Server 2016). no configurations have been changed on the storage server. Only a computer reset of my laptop. Has anyone had a similar problem? I get an error 0x80004005....