Windows 10: windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled

Discus and support windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Same issue as locked thread, had sleep before, but no hibernate, enabled hibernate in usual method, now have hibernate but no sleep.. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Greg Elmassian, Nov 16, 2018.

1. windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled

Same issue as locked thread, had sleep before, but no hibernate, enabled hibernate in usual method, now have hibernate but no sleep..

Tried everything on other locked threads, sleep option is nowhere to be found.

Completely stock, brand new HP Spectre 360 15" laptop....

Again, it WAS there and adding hibernation removed sleep option.

I really wish Microsoft would quit closing threads before the solution is acheived.

:)

Greg Elmassian, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Hibernate/sleep option restart the PC.

Hello,

The Sleep/Hibernate is a useful power option for computers. We recommend following the method below to resolve the issue where your computer restarts instead of sleeping/hibernating.

Run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then hit Enter.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Select Power option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    No sleep option

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below suggestions provided by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

How to enable Hibernate and Sleep in Power Options on Windows 10

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 16, 2018
  4. windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled

Cannot find Hibernate option in Windows 10

Hello Dima,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with hibernate option not available on your system. We will certainly help you.

This issue might have occurred if Hibernate is disabled on your system. We suggest you to follow the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Why windows 10 buttons are missing sleep and hibernate command?

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled

1. windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled - Similar Threads - option put computer

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Putting computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting computer to sleep: Can anyone help me with this one. No matter what I do in the power settings the computer will not go to sleep after the 5 minutes that I have set. I have done the bit in the advance, but no matter what I do the computer will not go into sleep mode unless I put in there...
  6. no Sleep/Hibernate option after upgrade to Windows 10

no Sleep/Hibernate option after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi, I used to be able to put my desktop to sleepor maybe it was Hibernate by doing either one of these things: A. press my power button --or-- B. click Sleep/Hibernate on the Start Menu to put my desktop to sleep. But after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10...
  7. How to enable Sleep option.

How to enable Sleep option.: i am not able to get a sleep option when i hit the power button in the start menu. also, in power settings, i cant see the option which allows you to put your computer to sleep after the lid shuts down. its like the sleep option no longer exists. >.< * Original title:...
  8. Put Computer To Sleep, Now Everything Is Slightly Zoomed In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Put Computer To Sleep, Now Everything Is Slightly Zoomed In: I put my computer into sleep mode, and immediately after waking it up, everything was slightly zoomed in. By this, I mean the icons aren't big or anything, I mean it's as if the outer edges are cut off. The display still fills the screen. What I have tried: CTRL + 0 (it's...
  9. No option to enable sleep on windows 10

No option to enable sleep on windows 10: recently got a dell optiplex (with win 7) for the time being (mostly for its budget 1080p gaming). Once I received it, I installed my own gpu (GT 1030), network adapter, and new psu (EVGA 400w). I booted the computer up and upgraded it straight to windows 10 without doing...
  10. How to enable Windows 10 to be put to sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable Windows 10 to be put to sleep?: I'd like to be able to use the Sleep option ["The PC stays on but uses low power. Apps stay open so when the PC wakes up, you're instantly back to where you left off."] in Windows 10. However, when I click on Sleep, the screen goes black, but everything else [case fans, etc.]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 no option to sleep or hibernate?

2. can not find sleep and hibernate options after formating

3. WINDOWS 10 SLEEP NOW

4. windows 10 powercfg sleep no enabled,
  5. define sleep and hibernate for Dell computer,
  6. no sleep but hibernate,
  7. select sleep but hibernate,
  8. windows missing sleep option after formating,
  9. windows sleep now