Windows 10: Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with my computer. As of lately, when I boot up my PC, I will get to the normal screen where it will show the time and date. When I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kinroso, Jan 14, 2017.

1. kinroso Win User

Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen

I'm having trouble with my computer. As of lately, when I boot up my PC, I will get to the normal screen where it will show the time and date. When I do anything to get to the password prompt, such as pressing space, it will show a blank screen with my background image but no place to enter my password. If I then go to the bottom right of my screen and push Restart, once the PC reboots everything will be fine. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

:)

kinroso, Jan 14, 2017

2. No password prompt at login screen at screen saver...cannot get back without reboot

I rebooted using Safe Mode with Network. At the desktop, none of the application works. At the power button icon, the only options available was shut down or restart. The sleep option has disappeared. I'm not sure how useful this is. Can someone solve
    the problem please!!!!

Win10frustrated, Jan 14, 2017
  3. No password prompt at login screen at screen saver...cannot get back without reboot

I used the suggested setting. But the problem persists.

Win10frustrated, Jan 14, 2017
  4. phusion Win User

I have this exact same problem as well. I turned my desktop on after a couple days of leaving it off and when I hit enter to get the password prompt, the time/date move upwards for a bit, but then it just goes back to the time/date. I really wish they had not removed easily getting to safe mode. I made a recovery USB key, but that doesn't get me into safe mode, the repair didn't work. I could at least get to a command prompt. Should I go back to cmd prompt and enable the legacy boot to get into safe mode? I can't find info about this problem ANYWHERE on the internet except here.

I've been a sysadmin for 17 years and I'm completely clueless as what to do, other than a complete nuke of the system, which I don't want to do.

phusion, Jan 17, 2017
  5. kinroso Win User
    I thought I was the only one! I'll keep looking around, and if I manage to find a solution I'll be sure to let you know. This issue is driving me nuts.

kinroso, Jan 19, 2017
  6. phusion Win User
    Any luck? I finally got to the restore point screen by booting an installation media, but I disabled my Windows Store and the restore fails because it cant restore those files or something.. ugh

phusion, Jan 25, 2017
  7. kinroso Win User
    Unfortunately no. I'm hoping to find a solution soon. I asked my friend who is an IT and he had no idea. Today or tomorrow I'm going to be doing some troubleshooting and if something works I'll let you know.

kinroso, Jan 25, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @kinroso, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Having fast startup turned on can sometimes cause an issue like this on some PCs. You might turn it off, if turned on, and restart the computer to see if that may help.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 26, 2017
  9. kinroso Win User
    As of now, it seems like disabling Fast Startup helped. Thank you for help!
    Try this out @phusion

kinroso, Jan 26, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome kinroso. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen - Similar Threads - Password Prompt Login

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Logoff/Login password prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  6. no password prompt at login screen - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    no password prompt at login screen - windows 10: no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 - I can't log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-password-prompt-at-login-screen-windows-10/82cad577-df95-4d93-9d93-a30e53209884
  7. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  8. Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt

Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt: My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode. I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success : Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair". "System Restore" in...
  9. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....
  10. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 login screen no password prompt

2. no password prompt at login windows 10