Windows 10: Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool)

Discus and support Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; broke my os and now it just loops, it flashes the windows logo on start and then promptly powers off, only to power on again and do the same thing...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aeneas1, Nov 21, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool)

broke my os and now it just loops, it flashes the windows logo on start and then promptly powers off, only to power on again and do the same thing... so i thought i would just do a reset by downloading the most recent media installation tool from ms's website, only to find that pc reset is no longer shown as an option.

however i do have an old microsoft usb install drive from a system that i used years ago, it's a windows 10 home usb thumb drive whereas my current system is windows 10 pro - thing is the old thumb drive has reset pc as an option... so my question is can i use this drive or will it try to use windows 10 home files from the thumb to reset my pc?

thanks!

:)

aeneas1, Nov 21, 2019

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 21, 2019
  3. There was a problem resetting your Pc Windows 10

Hi Anshad,

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options > Reset This PC > Keep everything.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool)

Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool)

1. Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool) - Similar Threads - Reset Option Media

2. Windows reset with media tool usb and iso option doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reset with media tool usb and iso option doesnt work.: I have problems with my pc since the update settings and the security settings doesnt work but ive got also a ton of data, programms and other stuff on my pc, so i decided to reset my pc without loosing any data with the media tool. It all works fine, but like at roughly...
  3. Windows reset with media tool usb and iso option doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reset with media tool usb and iso option doesnt work.: I have problems with my pc since the update settings and the security settings doesnt work but ive got also a ton of data, programms and other stuff on my pc, so i decided to reset my pc without loosing any data with the media tool. It all works fine, but like at roughly...
  4. Windows reset with media tool usb and iso option doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool

Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool: I want to re-install my Windows and I found out (from this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icpf9K36fpA) that you can actually use Reset PC option in the Windows Settings, my question is, what is better (cleaner), is it the same? 159538
  6. Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool: I want to re-install my Windows and I found out (from this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icpf9K36fpA) that you can actually use Reset PC option in the Windows Settings, my question is, what is better (cleaner), is it the same? 159538
  7. Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - No Reset PC Option (Media Install Tool): broke my os and now it just loops, it flashes the windows logo on start and then promptly powers off, only to power on again and do the same thing... so i thought i would just do a reset by downloading the most recent media installation tool from ms's website, only to find...
  8. Tools reset this PC, windows 10

Tools reset this PC, windows 10: My doubt is that I have used the recovery -> Reset this PC -> Keep all the files, whenever I feel that my pc is running slowly. And the last time that I reset it up, the machine don't just kept all my files also drives and installed programs. I know that probably the reset...
  9. Resetting PC problem via windows and media creation tool

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Resetting PC problem via windows and media creation tool: Hi all i have been having an issue with my pc for a while so I have started trying to reset it and have a clean installation of windows 10. I have tried going to settings, update and security, and restting it. However half way the through the process it stops and gives...
  10. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

Media creation tool - no option for Win 10: I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls? 9458