Windows 10: Windows 10 no sound, just static

Discus and support Windows 10 no sound, just static in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This computer came pre-loaded with Windows 10, I have owned it for two months, with no sound problems. This morning (unknown if there was a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jwadew, Oct 6, 2016.

1. jwadew Win User

Windows 10 no sound, just static

This computer came pre-loaded with Windows 10, I have owned it for two months, with no sound problems. This morning (unknown if there was a Windows update last night) the sound does not work. There is no partial sound when attempting to play music. There is only a constant (with or without playing music) low-level static.

I have done all the usual steps with drivers, updating, uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling. No change.

Originally in device manager, under Sound there was listed (I forget the exact wording):
    Intel
    Realtek
    NVidea

After uninstalling and rebooting there is only:
    High Definition Audio Device (assume this is the default)

On the Asus support website where are only Realtek audio drivers. I downloaded and installed those. So now device manager, under sound, shows:
    High Definition Audio Device
    Realtek High Definition Audio

No matter what I do, same result, just low-level static, no sound or music of any kind.

Any ideas anyone?

Asus U534UX laptop, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2 TB Mechanical.

:)

jwadew, Oct 6, 2016
  2. Rick4892 Win User

Windows 10 static noise

I am using the Logitech G230 as a headset and before installing Windows 10 the sound was fine. But after installing Windows 10 my microphone makes alot of static noise. I tried my headset on a computer with Windows 7 again and the static noise dissapeared,
    but after going back to my own computer with Windows 10 the static noise came back. What can I do to fix this?

Rick4892, Oct 6, 2016
  3. jwadew Win User

Ok, oddly enough, without any subsequent reboot, touching cables or anything, the sound started working on it's own a few hours later. So for now it's working. Thanks for reading. Now on to the many other Windows 10 problems!

jwadew, Oct 6, 2016
  4. jwadew Win User
    Now the sound is not working again.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    (Please read the original post - I have already deleted drivers and reinstalled.)

jwadew, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no sound, just static - Similar Threads - sound static

2. Pc froze up randomly and started making loud static sounds HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc froze up randomly and started making loud static sounds HELP: Hello! So I was watching some YouTube and I had just factory reset my machine; suddenly the screen froze and a loud static noise started playing, the screen was frozen and I had to physically turn the pc off. I restarted and ran both malwarebytes and windows defender and...
  3. Pc froze up randomly and started making loud static sounds HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc froze up randomly and started making loud static sounds HELP: Hello! So I was watching some YouTube and I had just factory reset my machine; suddenly the screen froze and a loud static noise started playing, the screen was frozen and I had to physically turn the pc off. I restarted and ran both malwarebytes and windows defender and...
  4. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  5. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  6. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...: HelloI use a Windows 10 computer and one day I had my brightness all the way up as I usually do and all of a sudden it started flashing dark colors you can still see but it looks like it is at the darkest setting when this happens I can hear this fan or static sound that I...
  7. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...: HelloI use a Windows 10 computer and one day I had my brightness all the way up as I usually do and all of a sudden it started flashing dark colors you can still see but it looks like it is at the darkest setting when this happens I can hear this fan or static sound that I...
  8. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11: Hi,So I've upgraded to win 11 lately. Had no problem in windows 10.This is a lenovo LOQ 15 new laptop. Didn't have a problem before in the short time i've ran win 10.It's connected to a speaker system, receiver outputing to 2 big speakers.Now, shortly after getting windows...
  10. Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11

Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11: Hi,So I've upgraded to win 11 lately. Had no problem in windows 10.This is a lenovo LOQ 15 new laptop. Didn't have a problem before in the short time i've ran win 10.It's connected to a speaker system, receiver outputing to 2 big speakers.Now, shortly after getting windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound just static windows 10

2. no sound just static from pc

3. m5a97pro no sound just static