Windows 10: Windows 10: no sound, no connections available, and background image turns into plain gray...

Discus and support Windows 10: no sound, no connections available, and background image turns into plain gray... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My windows 10 laptop has been having problems with the internet connection, seems like it was a problem with the driver. This has been happening for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vibekillerz, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10: no sound, no connections available, and background image turns into plain gray...

My windows 10 laptop has been having problems with the internet connection, seems like it was a problem with the driver. This has been happening for the past months. Each time there is a windows update, my laptop becomes unable to connect (detect WiFi specifically) to the internet. After some updates it is fixed, sometimes not so I use a wireless USB adapter.

- In the past it gets fixed, now it doesn't so I always have the adapter plugged in.

- A few days ago, every time I open my pc, my wallpaper appears just fine. After using the laptop for a while (opening chrome, browsing the internet, learning programming with python using an IDE), the wallpaper becomes gray with patterned dots.

- Another one which I haven't noticed for the past few days is the sound of my laptop. I muted the sound using fn + f10 since the windows notifications annoys me in my studies. Today when I unmuted, there was no sound at all, the sound icon at the bottom is just fine, I looked up the status of the device and it's working. I tried updating drivers since windows updates might have messed up with my pc again.

How do I fix this?

:)

vibekillerz, Aug 9, 2019

2. how to get a plain white background

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which application you need the plain white background?
    • Are you referring to paint application as in you mentioned for drawing?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 9, 2019
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10: no sound, no connections available, and background image turns into plain gray...

Gray background active windows - does it exist yet?

Hi mousegolf.
    We have a theme thread and some of the guys are really good at changing colors around the system. Of course, there are some areas that are like "snap-ins" and are fixed, but you'll see in their themes, you can accomplish a lot.
    Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums

The list is in the first post. Hope that helps.

EDIT: You can see an example here:
    Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Page 164 - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: no sound, no connections available, and background image turns into plain gray...

1. Windows 10: no sound, no connections available, and background image turns into plain gray... - Similar Threads - sound connections available

2. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  3. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  4. Background partially grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background partially grayed out: Hi,Most of the background has been grayed out except a portion in the middle. Has anyone seen this before?I have gone through the settings and so far nothing has fixed the problem. I know that monitor and graphic cards can do some strange things but this seems to be too...
  5. windows 10 background image ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 background image ???: Türkçe Merhaba, Windows 10 arka planıma bernie sanders'in png formatında bir fotoğraf yükledim. 2 arka plan pozisyonunda arka plan otomatik dolduruluyor. Orjinal fotoğraf bilgisayarımda yok. Bu nasıl olabilir? İngilizce Hello there, I uploaded a photo in png format...
  6. Gray color spot background

Gray color spot background: Hi, can you help me? When I havebackground in the picture below. Does anyone know what to do with it? a window reduced from maximization, I have such a gray [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 default background images

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 default background images: Hi, Just wondering if anyone has come across standard background images being updated in Windows 10 to include something a little disturbing see below, second tile along. [ATTACH] First came across this on my daughter's laptop a few weeks ago, she started it up one...
  8. Start Up Screen Background Now Plain

Start Up Screen Background Now Plain: For some reason, I have lost any image on my Start screen. It is solid black or white depending on settings in the Personalization > Color menu. It has happened across platforms. I am running windows 10 and just updated the operating system. Any ideas???[IMG]...
  9. UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray.: Hello, I'm having an unusual problem where the background of the User Account Control prompt has an image instead of just being a solid color. I can't for the life of me figure out how it even happened in the first place. To make matters worse, it's a private image that's...
  10. Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slide...