Windows 10: Windows 10: No sound with DisplayPort

Discus and support Windows 10: No sound with DisplayPort in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi community, After update my Windows 10 on January 13, 2020 I don't get more sound. Connected to the PC is a TV with built-in speakers, the cable is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adarpis, Jan 17, 2020.

1. adarpis Win User

Windows 10: No sound with DisplayPort

Hi community,

After update my Windows 10 on January 13, 2020 I don't get more sound. Connected to the PC is a TV with built-in speakers, the cable is a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. .

The device manager of Windows 10 shows two devices under "Sound, video and game controllers" - High definition audio device and NVIDIA virtual audio device, but no errors. When I right-click the speaker icon and choose "playback devices", the "High definition audio" is marked as default. When I play some music, I even can see the level indicator going up and down, but I hear no sound.

I tried the most current drivers from NVIDIA website but that did not help.

Please, can anybody help me?

:)

adarpis, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows 10: No sound with DisplayPort

I changed the audio quality to 24 Bit (Studio-Quality), Sound is ok!

Switching back to 16 Bit: No sound (like before).

Set to 24 Bit again: Sound perfect!

Reboot: Sound is still good.

(Surface pro 3, Win10, LG Ultra-Wide, Displayport to Displayport, all up to date).

Sounds strange, but this worked for me, hope this helps others too.

Regards,

Ulf

Ulf_Bierkämper, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10: No sound with DisplayPort

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re facing issues with sound after upgrading to Windows 10 I will make sure to help you

with this issue.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other things.
    Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

1. Press Windows and X keys together.

2. Click on Device Manager.

3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

a. Right click on the speaker icon which is on the bottom right corner.

b. Click on playback devices.

c. under playback tab highlight speakers\headphones

d. then Click on properties

e. select Advanced tab

f. then Click on Restore to default

If the issue persist then I would suggest you try the steps from the below Microsoft help article:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10: No sound with DisplayPort - Similar Threads - sound DisplayPort

2. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  3. No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers: Hello. I assume it is related to analog/digital output or system prioritization. I feel like if there is password, Windows does not play the sound through DisplayPort because it is named AMD High Definition Audio Device prioritization or does not send the audio at all. Does...
  4. No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers: Hello. I assume it is related to analog/digital output or system prioritization. I feel like if there is password, Windows does not play the sound through DisplayPort because it is named AMD High Definition Audio Device prioritization or does not send the audio at all. Does...
  5. Windows 10: Intel i5 gen.2 video, no sound with DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Intel i5 gen.2 video, no sound with DisplayPort: Desktop connected to monitor with built-in speakers. The latest video driver v9.17.10.4459 for i5-2400 Intel HD graphic is installed via windows updates. The device manager shows two "High Definition Audio Divice" under "Sound, video and game controllers". There are no...
  6. Windows 10: Intel i5 gen.2 video, no sound with DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Intel i5 gen.2 video, no sound with DisplayPort: Desktop connected to monitor with built-in speakers. The latest video driver v9.17.10.4459 for i5-2400 Intel HD graphic is installed via windows updates. The device manager shows two "High Definition Audio Divice" under "Sound, video and game controllers". There are no...
  7. Windows 10: Intel i5 gen.2 video, no sound with DisplayPort

8. No sound through DisplayPort

No sound through DisplayPort: Hello.I have recently completed a clean install of Windows. I have a monitor with speakers ASUS VG27AQ and since doing a clean install, sound does not work via DisplayPort, but does work via HDMI.I have done a lot of the normal checks like sound level, setting the device as...
  9. Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort

Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort: Dear Windows Community, I have encountered a strange problem: A few days ago I built a new PC with Windows 10 which is now connected to three displays 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI. One of these displays has speakers connected via DisplayPort, another doesn't have internal...
  10. Windows 10 - RTX 2080 Ti - C49RG9x - NO SOUND via Displayport

Windows 10 - RTX 2080 Ti - C49RG9x - NO SOUND via Displayport: Hi I am currently running Windows 10 Education Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202. All drivers are properly installed and up-to-date. The problem is persisting for over 2 years now. Initially, I was running Windows 10 Pro with a GTX 1080 Ti on a Samsung CHG90 Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 displayport audio

2. displayport audio windows 10

3. c49rg9x no sound

4. c49rg9x speakers,
  5. dp win10 no sound,
  6. windows 10 2004 no display port audio,
  7. u32j59x no sound with display port,
  8. no sound on displayport,
  9. windows 10 no displayport sound,
  10. no sound through diaplay port,
  11. display port audio,