Windows 10: Windows 10: No Sound.

Discus and support Windows 10: No Sound. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey! So recently, I found I'll be working at this computer for about a month before I go back to my old computer at home. No need for long stories,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Whims, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Whims Win User

Windows 10: No Sound.

Hey!

So recently, I found I'll be working at this computer for about a month before I go back to my old computer at home. No need for long stories, basically, the computer is a Mac. I'm more comfortable working in a Windows environment so I bootcamped the computer and installed Windows while also leaving Mac OS on it. Basically, dual-booting the computer so I can work on Windows.

My issue is that now, I don't have any sound. Not headphones nor the normal built-in speakers in the mac. Does anyone know any ways to fix this?

Things I already did:
    - I did check the drivers, and they're fine
    - I did go to services, and restarted "Windows Audio" and all of that.
    - I did test out the headphones on a different device and they work fine, so it's not an issue with speakers nor the headphones.

Here you can see the bar is going up indicating that there is sound suppose to be playing:

Windows 10: No Sound. [​IMG]

So, please, how do I fix the sound? Cheers!
    -

:)

Whims, Jul 6, 2015

2. *NO SOUND* upgraded from 7 to 10, now i have no sound, why?

I have looked through thread after thread searching for an answer!

I have my computer set up like always, hd tv via hdmi and a normal monitor via vga.

while never having any issues with windows 7, now I have a rather frustrating issue or 2 with windows 10, the priority being the sound, windows is telling me my devices are all working properly, sound is all up to 100%, ive even tried speakers, headphones
    but still nothing.

and to top it all off, windws 10 wont let me have my screens and 1 and 2. only both as 1

any and all help appreciated!

jamiegearing, Jul 6, 2015
  3. *NO SOUND* upgraded from 7 to 10, now i have no sound, why?

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

As Windows 10 is a new operating system, there might be some driver incompatibility issues or settings that needs to be re-configured. I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps given in the help article below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

In response to your second query, when you say "Windows 10 wont let me have my screens and 1 and 2", are you trying to set up a second monitor? If so, I would suggest you to press Windows key + P and choose the appropriate option from the given options and
    check if it helps.

You may also refer to the help wiki article given by Andre Da Costa on
    How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 6, 2015
  4. Whims Win User

Bump, still an issue. Anyone?

Whims, Jul 7, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    The "High Definition Audio Device" is the generic basic function Windows installed sound driver. First step would be to install the correct sound driver (if one is available). If it has Realtek sound install the Realtek drivers, Conexant their drivers, etc.

fireberd, Jul 7, 2015
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    Like you I have had sound card issues, i can't remember which build it started in. I have the RealTek drivers, the same as all the other builds but, with build 10162 my volume is only like 25%. I decided not bother with it, because they are still changing things, by the end of the month it might be entirely different. Sorry, I know that is not a good answer, but just wanted to let you know you weren't alone.

Trust_No1, Jul 7, 2015
  7. Whims Win User
    How would I know which ones to look for? Hardware wise I don't know much since it's all packaged in a Mac, as I explained a bit above.

Whims, Jul 8, 2015
  8. George Win User

I have been having audio headache after headache, but of course with different hardware than you. Each build seems to require something different to correct. here's one fix you can try: Right-click the audio icon in the right end of the taskbar - select playback devices - select speakers or the default device - select "advanced" tab. - you should see a list of settings, one of which will be selected. That's the wrong one!! Start at the bottom of the list, the setting labelled CD Quality and test. Hopefully you hear the tone, and not see the error message. If it doesn't work, try all the settings until one sounds the tone - apply and exit. Good luck!

George, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: No Sound. - Similar Threads - Sound

2. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  3. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  4. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  6. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  7. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  8. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  9. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  10. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...