Windows 10: Windows 10 no videos or songs starting both online/offline and when trying to start a...

Discus and support Windows 10 no videos or songs starting both online/offline and when trying to start a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After i used troubleshooting to fix the audio not running thing i tried playing a video on YouTube. The video kept loading and didn't start. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnronaldo, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 no videos or songs starting both online/offline and when trying to start a...

After i used troubleshooting to fix the audio not running thing i tried playing a video on YouTube. The video kept loading and didn't start. Tried opening a video i already had installed,same. And the audio stops wben i start a game that has audio. This all started since i connected a xbox one controller to my pc. Help please

:)

johnronaldo, Sep 22, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Windows 10 no videos or songs starting both online/offline and when trying to start a... NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games | PC Gamer

P4-630, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

When I try to access specific songs in itunes it says "file location not found" yet I can call the song up on wmp and listen to it.
    Sometimes when I list the album in itunes the song is missing and other times it is grayed out. I am trying to put music to a video but I can only do it through itunes. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have spent too much time watching facebook videos on how to sync these two programs

really old guy, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Cursus Win User

Windows 10 no videos or songs starting both online/offline and when trying to start a...

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 no videos or songs starting both online/offline and when trying to start a...

1. Windows 10 no videos or songs starting both online/offline and when trying to start a... - Similar Threads - videos songs starting

2. msix-application won't start when offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msix-application won't start when offline: We have an msix-application that we install with AppInstaller on our users devices before we ship the devices. Whenever they start the app it checks for updates and updates if necessary which have been working fine. However, since the latest Windows Update for windows 11...
  3. msix-application won't start when offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msix-application won't start when offline: We have an msix-application that we install with AppInstaller on our users devices before we ship the devices. Whenever they start the app it checks for updates and updates if necessary which have been working fine. However, since the latest Windows Update for windows 11...
  4. Windows 10 Defender Offline Will Not Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender Offline Will Not Start: Windows 10 Build 19043 Defender offline scan would stop running after selecting start scan. Agent at online chat believed system files were corrupt and remotely ran updating, SFC and DISM diagnostics without success to get the offline application to run. Agent finally...
  5. Video minimizes when starting Video Meetings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video minimizes when starting Video Meetings: I have several clients that are using Google Meet and Zoom on a regular basis. Despite the platform, once they start the meeting, their video minimizes within the first minute. They then have to search for it to bring it back to the screen. We have uninstalled and...
  6. Windows 10 BSoD when trying to start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSoD when trying to start up: Hi, So I recently built a computer and everything was fine for the last 4 months. Just the other day though the computer crashed and gave me a "KMODE_EXCEPTION" error. Ok, I thought, probably a driver problem. I go to reboot it and as soon as it gets to the windows screen...
  7. Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them: Hi, Apologies if this is in the wrong category as I couldn't find one I felt was specific to my problem, so I've posted in performance and system failures. I have a problem when trying to run some apps. Using Microsoft's own Process Explorer in place of Task Manager I...
  8. Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10.

Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10.: For some reason videos will not play on Microsoft Store apps or on the Microsoft edge browser. For example, I am not able to stream videos through the Netflix or Hulu applications. I am also not able to watch downloaded videos from the default Movies & TV application (though...
  9. Start Panel Search not working when offline

in Cortana
    Start Panel Search not working when offline: For some reason, a few months now, Search from the Start Panel doesn't work when I'm offline. Tried every solution suggested online, no improvement. This is all I see when I start typing the item I'm looking for & it stays that way[ATTACH]...
  10. Bluetooth unable to start when offline after windows 10 update

Bluetooth unable to start when offline after windows 10 update: ASUS K43S My laptop's bluetooth adapter (Qualcomm Atheros) won't start when i don't have internet connection. It was working fine until i updated my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I tried Fn F2 to enable the device but it automatically stops. I tried updating the driver...