Windows 10: Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network

Discus and support Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 3 computers working on a wifi network in a small office. Have been connected on a network and each computer can be seen by each computer. All of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeithParkin1, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network

3 computers working on a wifi network in a small office. Have been connected on a network and each computer can be seen by each computer. All of a sudden, the one computer cannot be seen by the other two nor can the other two see that computer. This is not the first time it has happened. It has become oh so tedious to have to go through all the sharing settings...blah blah blah every 2 to 3 months when this happens. Please some one come with a solution that does not need reviewing again in three months time.

:)

KeithParkin1, Sep 4, 2019
  2. KenReiner Win User

Workgroup and Networks

Is the workgroup a subset of a network. I have 2 laptop computers and 1 wired printer which I want to be able to interface with each other . What is the best way to set up this connection? Is there a simple step by step instruction on how to set up a
    connection? I am using windows 10 on 2 Dell PC's and a HP printer.

KenReiner, Sep 4, 2019
  3. MFY78 Win User
    unable to join workgroup on a home network in windows 10

OT-Simple Windows 10 network

I am trying to setup a simple workgroup on a home network. For some reason sometimes the computers see each other and sometimes not. I have 2 computers connected to a router. One is wired the other wireless. Any suggestions?

MFY78, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Seafrog Win User

Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network

Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no longer see the 10 machines and the 10 machines can't see the XP machines. The machines of the other OS are not listed. Would like to get the workgroup functional again. Have done multiple reboots and have run the suggested troubleshooters with no results. Have any ideas?

Seafrog, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network

1. Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network - Similar Threads - workgroup network

2. Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?: I am running windows 11 and I have the whole 255 IP addresses on my netwrok to myself as its my home set up. But today I get notified that the IP address just one above my static one name Workgroup is trying to connect to my IP. Its blocked and when I check the details out of...
  3. Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for my Workgroup to have a computer on the same network as me?: I am running windows 11 and I have the whole 255 IP addresses on my netwrok to myself as its my home set up. But today I get notified that the IP address just one above my static one name Workgroup is trying to connect to my IP. Its blocked and when I check the details out of...
  4. Windows 11 home - can't detect computers on P2P network all in workgroup - however other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home - can't detect computers on P2P network all in workgroup - however other...: Windows 11 home - can't detect computers on P2P network all are in same workgroup - however other computers detect mine. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-cant-detect-computers-on-p2p/85903653-8f4b-437d-9001-a0967a8feffd
  5. Windows 11 home - can't detect computers on P2P network all in workgroup - however other...

Windows 11 home - can't detect computers on P2P network all in workgroup - however other...: Windows 11 home - can't detect computers on P2P network all are in same workgroup - however other computers detect mine. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-cant-detect-computers-on-p2p/85903653-8f4b-437d-9001-a0967a8feffd
  6. Windows 2019 Workgroup - granting shared folder permission from network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2019 Workgroup - granting shared folder permission from network: I have a workgroup server and shared a folder. Granted a user A to have full permission. This was done at the server.From network, when A access the folder and try to grant permission for user B by clicking the Find Now, A cannot view any users that created in this workgroup...
  7. Windows 2019 Workgroup - granting shared folder permission from network

Windows 2019 Workgroup - granting shared folder permission from network: I have a workgroup server and shared a folder. Granted a user A to have full permission. This was done at the server.From network, when A access the folder and try to grant permission for user B by clicking the Find Now, A cannot view any users that created in this workgroup...
  8. Windows 2019 Workgroup - granting shared folder permission from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. my pc doesn't see my new laptop on the network. workgroup names are the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc doesn't see my new laptop on the network. workgroup names are the same: my one pc doesn't see my new laptop. workgroup names are the same.sharing is on, print and fileboth machines are running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-doesnt-see-my-new-laptop-on-the-network/4f8fde7b-8964-4d62-a692-e9b7cc1bd52c
  10. Workgroup PCs using network printers getting Access Denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workgroup PCs using network printers getting Access Denied: Hi all, I have a network that is a workgroup with a 2019 File and Print Server. I am having all kinds of weird issues. I can add printers to the PCs in most cases without issue and they connect and can print, but then after a day or so all of the printers connected via the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot see server