Windows 10: Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps.

Discus and support Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have ran the power shell script to uninstall appxpackages for all users except a few like calculator and photo viewer. I can run the apps as a domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FISSeason, Jan 22, 2020.

1. FISSeason Win User

Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps.

I have ran the power shell script to uninstall appxpackages for all users except a few like calculator and photo viewer. I can run the apps as a domain admin but cannot as a domain user to install i have to give the user domain admin then install then i can remove them from domain admin. There has to be a better way to do this.

:)

FISSeason, Jan 22, 2020
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps.

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps.

1. Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps. - Similar Threads - non domain user

2. Unable to install the store app for domain users 0x801901F6

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install the store app for domain users 0x801901F6: Domain users are unable to install the MS Store app getting error as below. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-the-store-app-for-domain-users/cfe8debc-5a93-4e9e-b82a-149b044eb864
  3. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  4. Non Domain Local Windows 10 User accounts getting locked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Non Domain Local Windows 10 User accounts getting locked?: Hello, Ive had two users this week get their Windows 10 local user accounts locked. I dont know why this is happening. I do have an admin account on the devices in question and I can log in on those profiles. I then go to reset the user passwords and it tells me the new...
  5. One profile for Domain and non-domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...
  6. Computer configuration VS user configuration (non-domain)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer configuration VS user configuration (non-domain): I am trying to improve my IT skills and need professional explanation about the difference between Computer configuration and user configuration? [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Updates on Remote user (non-Domain-joined) Laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates on Remote user (non-Domain-joined) Laptops: We have a fleet of about 65 remote users with HP 840 G3 laptops, all with Windows 10 installed, Version 1607. The users are getting prompts to update the OS Version, which requires admin approval to begin. I have been able to remote in and start the update, and it will run in...
  8. Domain Users and Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain Users and Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 and my account transferred without an issue. My wife's account (who uses the same computer and we switch users) did not. I ended up deleting her account and recreated a new one. She can log in, but the start button and action center do not...
  9. Can't remove provisioned apps for domain user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove provisioned apps for domain user accounts: Hi, I'm trying to remove all provisioned app from Windows 10 so that it's removed for any user that logs into the domain account but it's not working. This is what I did: I ran Power Shell as administrator and executed the command "Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online |...
  10. Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network: Hi. I have a non-domain computer (win 10 basic). Can it connect to a Aerohive wireless domain network? Any links to a tutorial on the net? Thanks... *Smile 49689