Windows 10: Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my laptop goes into sleep mode, it disconnects the monitors that I have connected. This takes everything and collapses it onto the primary laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JVillar313, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode

When my laptop goes into sleep mode, it disconnects the monitors that I have connected. This takes everything and collapses it onto the primary laptop monitor.

Is there any clear way to address this issue? Other posts that ask similar questions do not seem to lead to any resolutions.

:)

JVillar313, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Primary monitor blacks out after disconnecting from external

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue could be due to the display setting corruption that only affected the primary display when disconnected from the secondary.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Press ‘Win + R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the Run dialog box and type the following into the Run box:
      appwiz.cpl
    • Uninstall Intel HD Graphics Drivers and exit
      Programs and Features.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and right click on
      Intel HD Graphics Display Driver.
    • Click on Uninstall and check the box
      Delete the driver software for this device.

• With the external monitor connected, reboot the machine.
    • Once the machine boots into the desktop, disconnect the external monitor and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 25, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Nov 25, 2020
  4. PJS
    PJs Win User

Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode

VPN not disconnected in Sleep Mode

I have weird issue of a user whose VPN does not disconnected when the PC goes into sleep mode.
    Things I have done:

• I have checked the power settings to make sure the power button is set to sleep when pressed.
    • I have changed the USB adapter to which all the monitors, network cable and surface are connected.
    • I have checked the network adapter settings in Device Manager.

Nothing seems to work. The user shows connected in Task Manager even after sleep mode is activated.

What am I missing? The user is using a Surface Windows 10 which is connected to 3 other monitors.

Thema:

Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode

1. Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode - Similar Threads - non primary monitors

2. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  3. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  4. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  5. Pen touch on non primary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen touch on non primary monitors: Hi Guys did Microsoft removed the option to calibrate pen & touch ? I was able to find "Configure your pen and touch displays" on System settings windows 11 but I am no longer able to find. That setting is important because it allows us to select which monitor that would...
  6. Pen touch on non primary monitors

Pen touch on non primary monitors: Hi Guys did Microsoft removed the option to calibrate pen & touch ? I was able to find "Configure your pen and touch displays" on System settings windows 11 but I am no longer able to find. That setting is important because it allows us to select which monitor that would...
  7. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  8. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  9. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps: I have 2 monitors, an HDMI and a DisplayPort. It seems that, by design, the DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. This causes all of the open windows on that monitor move to the HDMI monitor because the DP monitor no longer exists. The only solution is to not put the...