Windows 10: Windows 10 not able to connect to steam, dropbox, onedrive etc

Discus and support Windows 10 not able to connect to steam, dropbox, onedrive etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to anyone that can advice, I have installed window 10 2 days ago both on the laptop(alienware) and tablet(Samsung ATIV smartpro). After that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lteck, Aug 18, 2015.

1. lteck Win User

Windows 10 not able to connect to steam, dropbox, onedrive etc

Hello to anyone that can advice,

I have installed window 10 2 days ago both on the laptop(alienware) and tablet(Samsung ATIV smartpro). After that I realise both computer not able to login into steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again). I lost my dropbox and onedrive (keep on in starting mode... never able to start). My connection to 3D printer (which I think it cannot read off my dongle).

I have a feeling something in the setting of my window 10 is blocking all these but I do not know what. Can anyone advice me? Thanks!

:)

lteck, Aug 18, 2015

2. Many of my programs cannot connect to the Internet

Basically many of my programs cannot connect to the Internet including the cloud drives like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I've tried restarting my laptop; using windows troubleshooter and turning off Antivirus but nothing is still solved.

The only ones that work is Microsoft Edge and Steam.

Help?

benjaminllim, Aug 18, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Drop Box

What's compelling to me could be very different from what's compelling to you.

If you like the idea of being able to access your files from any computer that can connect to the internet, you'll want to have your own 'hard drive in the sky.' That's what Dropbox is, same as OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, etc. etc.

If you like the idea of being able to easily share as many pictures as you like with as many people as you like, regardless of how large the files are, instead of attaching them to an email, then you'll enjoy having that 'hard drive in the sky.'

Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, etc. etc. are basically the same idea executed in different ways. You can pick whichever one appeals to you or forget the whole thing.

BulldogXX, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 not able to connect to steam, dropbox, onedrive etc

1. Windows 10 not able to connect to steam, dropbox, onedrive etc - Similar Threads - able connect steam

2. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  3. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  4. Windows 10 not able to download updates etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not able to download updates etc.: Hi, I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad S340 laptop. 1 I am not able to install any updates, be it Windows or applications or Bios. 2 Also, intermittently, I see the blue screen informing me that the computer is about to reboot. 3 Also, Task Manager opens for a split...
  5. HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add: Hi Guys Not sure if this is connected but sounds like it. My other half has started working from home and i set up a new profile on my Pc. I knew they needed some software to download from work. But when i go into my profile i now find OneDrive & Dropbox cannot see the D:/...
  6. HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add: Hi Guys Not sure if this is connected but sounds like it. My other half has started working from home and i set up a new profile on my Pc. I knew they needed some software to download from work. But when i go into my profile i now find OneDrive & Dropbox cannot see the D:/...
  7. Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc: Recently I built this new computer, everything seemed fine. I can browse the internet with fast speeds etc. however I am unable to play online games in applications such as steam or origin. When I restart I am sometimes able to connect to csgo servers for 5 minutes or so but...
  8. Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox): Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop and my user folder....
  9. Connecting to Steam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to Steam?: Hey, just woke up today and cannot connect to Steam at all to finish my downloads. Anyone else getting this? 73176
  10. Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox: When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This helped in the...