Windows 10: Windows 10 not able to connect

Discus and support Windows 10 not able to connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect access files on my Windows 7 pro desktop from my Windows 10 pro laptop. When I do, I get the following message. I cannot do so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterTurner4, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not able to connect

I am trying to connect access files on my Windows 7 pro desktop from my Windows 10 pro laptop.

When I do, I get the following message. I cannot do so.

Windows 10 not able to connect 43302514_153902472219802_8926220438103654400_n.png

When I try instead to simply access them via Windows Explorer it tells me it cannot access the desktop computer - even though it knows it is there and even though the file sharing on the desktop is switched on.

:)

PeterTurner4, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 not able to connect

Delta6326, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not able to connect

1. Windows 10 not able to connect - Similar Threads - able connect

2. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  3. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  4. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  5. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  6. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  8. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  9. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?

why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?: i’ve tried everything i could think of; i flushed dns, made ip configurations reset, etc., checked for updates for my network adapters, reset my network adapters, reset firewall settings and i obviously did the more basic solutions like resetting my pc, etc.i tried also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sennheiser PXC 550 paired but unable to connect to laptop

2. sennheiser headset wont connect

3. windows 10 not able to connect to windows 8