Windows 10: Windows 10 not able to download updates etc.

Discus and support Windows 10 not able to download updates etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad S340 laptop. 1 I am not able to install any updates, be it Windows or applications or Bios. 2 Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Katki, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Katki Win User

Windows 10 not able to download updates etc.

Hi,

I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad S340 laptop.

1 I am not able to install any updates, be it Windows or applications or Bios.

2 Also, intermittently, I see the blue screen informing me that the computer is about to reboot.

3 Also, Task Manager opens for a split second and I notice that CPU=100%.

4 Upon startup, I notice that browserassistant.exe is missing error message.

I am at a loss here since this laptop is just over 1 yr old. Can you please help me reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10? I don't have a media that I can use to log in and restore Windows 10.

Thanks

Khurshed.

:)

Katki, Aug 26, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 26, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download December 12 CU KB4054517 x64 (510.9MB)

Brings system to 16299.125

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not able to download updates etc. - Similar Threads - able download updates

2. Not able to download updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to download updates: keep getting error code 0x800703f1 and have 9 updates unable to install with the same code tried factory resetting my pc and it just gets to 30% and says there was a error and is undoing recent changes. anything i can do? thanks...
  3. Not able to download updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to download updates: keep getting error code 0x800703f1 and have 9 updates unable to install with the same code tried factory resetting my pc and it just gets to 30% and says there was a error and is undoing recent changes. anything i can do? thanks...
  4. Update are downloading but not able to install

Update are downloading but not able to install: When on the installation phase the update gets error message that update failed Error 0x80070643. It says try again later but same thing happens when you try it. I have Windows 11....
  5. Windows 10 not able to download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not able to download: I am unable to download windows 10 on my machine, error code: 0x80072F8F 0 0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-able-to-download/8536f44e-e946-44dc-a0a1-c0ddd007dfe4
  6. Windows 10 not able to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not able to download: I am unable to download windows 10 on my machine, error code: 0x80072F8F 0 0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-able-to-download/8536f44e-e946-44dc-a0a1-c0ddd007dfe4
  7. Windows 10 not able to download

8. Windows update download errors, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update download errors, etc.: Hello,For a while, I have not been able to install certain Windows updates. They try to download, they often complete and may even start to install, then a download error appears for each update. After which, I get the following message:"There were some problems installing...
  9. Windows Updates Download Errors etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Download Errors etc: Hi, I'm hoping somebody can help. For a while now, I've been unable to install certain windows updates. They attempt to download, often complete and may even start install, then I get a download error for each update. After which, I get the following message: "There were...
  10. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download: I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows store whatsoever. I've also lost the ability to play Forza Horizon 4 as a result. If I try to manually check for updates, I get...