Windows 10: Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User

Discus and support Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I recently reset my Windows 10 in Asus Vivobook S406U. After reset it is giving me a login screen as "Other user". In that, if I type my previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sunandan Bose, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User

Hi I recently reset my Windows 10 in Asus Vivobook S406U.

After reset it is giving me a login screen as "Other user". In that, if I type my previous user id it is not working.

I ran it in safe mode (pressing Shift and restart). It opened in Administrator I pressed (windows + r and ran cmd)

In the command prompt, I ran the below commands to activate my administrator account.

1. net user administrator /active: yes

2. net user administrator Password123

I restarted my PC and logged in via my administrator account so as to create a user id and deactivate the administrator account accordingly.

but I am unable to create any new user the windows key or the search button nothing is working.

and on logging in I am getting the error.

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If this location is on this PC, make sure that the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure that you're connected to the network or internet, then try again. If the location still can not be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

Also file explorer is also not working.

I dnt have the windows 10 DVD/CD along with my laptop. While I purchased it.

Kindly Help I am stuck and I have a lot of work to complete.

:)

Sunandan Bose, Jun 23, 2019
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 23, 2019
  4. vgkfan83 Win User

Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User

How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the Run box. Type cmd and press Enter.
    2. When the Command Prompt window opens, type query user and press Enter. It will list all users that are currently logged on your computer.

vgkfan83, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User

1. Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User - Similar Threads - able login reset

2. Windows 10 login - user not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 login - user not displayed: I have seen many threads for this issue with many different answers. In my case, using windows education I had an issue with one of my accounts where the login screen was grayed out, so to correct this problem I switched to windows 10 Pro to be able to remove the password...
  3. Windows 10 login - user not displayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login - user not displayed: I have seen many threads for this issue with many different answers. In my case, using windows education I had an issue with one of my accounts where the login screen was grayed out, so to correct this problem I switched to windows 10 Pro to be able to remove the password...
  4. Other User login after updating to Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other User login after updating to Windows 10: So I was just upgrading to Windows 10, because stupid itunes requires it. Anyway after having finished the numerous restarts and completing its installation it now is asking me for a log-in and password for "Other User". To save some time on things that don't work that have...
  5. Other User after reset...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User after reset...: So i had to do a windows 10 reset. I didnt need anything on the pc so i wiped it all. The whole reset took about 6 hours. But now when it goes to the log in screen it says other user and is asking for a username and password. It says there is no admin. I was reading about...
  6. Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.: Today I reset my PC due to various reasons, mainly for constantly failures during when it updates, I probably could have found another way to fix this but I reset it out of stubbornness. Thinking I'd be able to login with a brand new account and all since I have done this...
  7. Other user after reset

Other user after reset: Hello So i have fully reset my pc because there were some malwares.After i reset , i was greated to the log in screem with other user Im not so sure what to do. And yes i have tried to enter safe mode but they didden allow me to do that because i was an administrator. It...
  8. After windows reset im stuck on the other user login

in Windows 10 Customization
    After windows reset im stuck on the other user login: Ok, so ive resetted windows 10 .everything went perfectly till it asked me to login to "OTHER USER" account. I did my research a little bit and went into safe mode added an admin acc and activated it on command prmpt. But after restarting my pc and tring to login to the admin...
  9. Can not login to "Other User" after i Reset Windows my Surfacebook2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not login to "Other User" after i Reset Windows my Surfacebook2: Dear Support I was Reset Windows 10 my Surfacebook2, after reset done Windows Request Login with "Other user" I try to login but cannot Please help comment how to do Note: My Surfacebook2 never set up any password just set up only Microsoft account and login with my...
  10. Stuck at other user login after reset

Stuck at other user login after reset: So yeah I have this problem now after I did the factory reset now im stucksat the other user login in the welcome screen and the worst of all is that do not have access to the troubleshooting and I do not have access to the admin either and I cant see it too, please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to login after windows reset

2. windows phone is not able to reset

3. not able to reset windows 10 after 2%

4. other accounts not displaying win 10 logon