Windows 10: Windows 10 - not able to save file tags

Discus and support Windows 10 - not able to save file tags in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to save and see tags which I am trying to add to music files. I click properties -> details -> add a tag, then click OK / apply and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvetaBeranová, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - not able to save file tags

Hi,

I am unable to save and see tags which I am trying to add to music files. I click properties -> details -> add a tag, then click OK / apply and the tag is not showing anyway. I tried to add tags through the file explorer with the same result.

:)

IvetaBeranová, Mar 15, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Windows 10 - not able to save file tags [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Windows 10 - not able to save file tags

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - not able to save file tags

1. Windows 10 - not able to save file tags - Similar Threads - able save file

2. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto saving Tags: HiI have just started tagging my photos again after a hiatus.The original tags, from when I stated years ago, automatically come up..ie, I type P, and Paul Smith and Peter Smith automatically come up.New photos that I am tagging, with names not used years ago, ie Christmas,...
  5. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto saving Tags: HiI have just started tagging my photos again after a hiatus.The original tags, from when I stated years ago, automatically come up..ie, I type P, and Paul Smith and Peter Smith automatically come up.New photos that I am tagging, with names not used years ago, ie Christmas,...
  6. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files

Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files: Is there a way to batch or bulk delete tags added to files. Either all of the same tag in a lot of files, or all tags from a batch or group of files. Or even to change/rename a tag in all files. Anything really. I have a lot of photo files with tags no longer...
  8. Not able to save or open files

Not able to save or open files: Hello everyone . I bought a brand new windows 10 laptop to go along with with a new guitar amplifier I purchased . The amplifier comes with free software to download . The software ( BLACKSTAR INSIDER } is a very valuable tool for downloading amp setting patches that I can...
  9. Not able to save files:

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to save files:: If I edit a file or anything that I pull out of a folder like a picture, it won't let me save it. Keeps saying I have no rights to that folder, which I have had for years with rights. 17169
  10. Is Windows 10's File Explorer able to read ID3 v2.4 tags on MP3s?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 10's File Explorer able to read ID3 v2.4 tags on MP3s?: I have yet to install Windows 10, but I wanted to see if someone could tell me (before I install it) if Windows 10's File Explorer can read ID3 v2.4 tags on MP3. And if it can't read them by default (as I suspect), is there any way to enable File Explorer to read them? I...