Windows 10: Windows 10 not accepting login password

Discus and support Windows 10 not accepting login password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kim56Bailey, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Windows 10 not accepting login password

Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only options it gives me is to restart my PC or go to advance settings. Restarting just takes me back to the above. The advanced options gives me several options but, whatever option I chose it keeps asking me to select user and enter password. Now I have not changed my password at all but every time I enter my password it says i

:)

kim56Bailey, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Daisy1936 Win User

Windows 10 not accepting login password

cannot login to Windows 10 as it will not accept my password.

cannot login to Windows 10 as it will not accept my password.

Daisy1936, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 not accepting login password

1. Windows 10 not accepting login password - Similar Threads - accepting login password

2. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  3. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  4. Windows 10 login no PIN option, not accepting password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login no PIN option, not accepting password: I normally log in to my PC with a PIN, however after starting it today the login screen is prompting for a password.I've tried resetting my account password and restarting in safe mode with network, but it fails to recognize the new password. The wifi connection appears to be...
  5. HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login

HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login: Hello. This notebook is 13 months old and is in good condition. I've had no problems with it until now. I turn it off each night and back on in the morning. I log in using a PIN. This morning it would not accept my PIN nor would it allow me to Reset it. It will also not...
  6. Windows 10 not accepting password

Windows 10 not accepting password: I recently replaced my hard drive and had all my recovered data transferred to that hard drive. Now when my computer asks me to login with my microsoft account it says password invalid. I made sure i’m connected to wifi and double checked my password was correct by logging in...
  7. Windows 10 not accepting password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 not accepting password: Hi, i updated my windows 10 pc because it told me that it will end the support soon. After i updated it, my screen flickers after loging in. Researching suggests that an app is causing the problem since task manager doesn't flicker along with the screen. I tried to enter safe...
  8. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

Windows 10 won't accept password at login: When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to...
  9. Windows 10 - Not accepting password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Not accepting password: After switch off last night, turning on windows pc this morning everything was fine until I type in my password. Its the right password for the right account. Then met with "The user name or password is incorrect". Tried the second account on the laptop, exactly the same...…....
  10. Windows 10 is not accepting the password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 is not accepting the password: Hi, There are two user accounts in Windows 10 Desktop Computer. Both are Microsoft outlook accounts. One is administrator and another is user. I can log in user account, abcd@outlook.com and I can browse Internet as well. But I am not able to log in administrator...