Windows 10: Windows 10 - Not accepting password

Discus and support Windows 10 - Not accepting password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After switch off last night, turning on windows pc this morning everything was fine until I type in my password. Its the right password for the right... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AJamesB, Apr 13, 2019.

1. AJamesB Win User

Windows 10 - Not accepting password

After switch off last night, turning on windows pc this morning everything was fine until I type in my password. Its the right password for the right account. Then met with "The user name or password is incorrect". Tried the second account on the laptop, exactly the same...….

Pressed power button - restart with shift key. Takes me to "Choose an option" screen. Tried every option most ask for the PASSWORD, but windows 10 doesn't recognise it. Tried to go to the command prompt, but it asks for the PASSWORD...

Created a iso file and loaded Windows 10 from CD rom, tried to repair, but it doesn't want to work.

At a loss. Any suggestions apart from dropping it from a height would be appreciated

:)

AJamesB, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Not accepting password - Similar Threads - accepting password

2. My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.: Hi I'm Rumbul user of Asus vivobook S15 OLED. I'm unable to sign in on my laptop. It's not accept my finger print nor password. I request you to look on this matter and please try to resolve and fix this problem.Thank you...
  3. My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is stuck in power on and does not accept my finger print nor password.: Hi I'm Rumbul user of Asus vivobook S15 OLED. I'm unable to sign in on my laptop. It's not accept my finger print nor password. I request you to look on this matter and please try to resolve and fix this problem.Thank you...
  4. Need to reset Windows, not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to reset Windows, not accepting password: I have a maybe 3 year old Lenovo laptop. I don't use it often but trying to. When I turned it on, it told me it was "uninstalling changes.". Then I got a black screen, windows never booting upI don't really have anything but a Google drive link and Outlook email on the...
  5. When booting the laptop, there is an error loading Windows. Passwords are not accepted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When booting the laptop, there is an error loading Windows. Passwords are not accepted.: When booting the laptop, there is an error loading Windows. A password is required to perform any repair or repair command. Passwords from Windows or Microsoft accounts are not accepted. What can be done?...
  6. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted: Hi there,Windows 10 doesn't start up anymore. Therefore I started that procedure for Start-up Repair 3 times hard reset to remove latest updates which obviously cause this trouble. I perfectly got there to the Start-up Repair screen and my Microsoft User account also shows up...
  7. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted: Hi there,Windows 10 doesn't start up anymore. Therefore I started that procedure for Start-up Repair 3 times hard reset to remove latest updates which obviously cause this trouble. I perfectly got there to the Start-up Repair screen and my Microsoft User account also shows up...
  8. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...
  10. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can`t login in windows 10 Keyboard not accepting Once i login it works again on reboot issue comes up