Windows 10: Windows 10 not accepting password

Discus and support Windows 10 not accepting password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently replaced my hard drive and had all my recovered data transferred to that hard drive. Now when my computer asks me to login with my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CaitKat245, Jan 15, 2020 at 12:52 AM.

1. Windows 10 not accepting password

I recently replaced my hard drive and had all my recovered data transferred to that hard drive. Now when my computer asks me to login with my microsoft account it says password invalid. I made sure i’m connected to wifi and double checked my password was correct by logging in through my phone. I’ve also tried logging to my computer under safe mode and safe mode with networking or something like that. I don’t know what else to do.

i’ve also been constantly restarting my computer and turning off and on my wifi on my computer. But the profile picture when i try to log in isn’t there on the computer when i try to log in. Any other ideas?

i tried exploring doing a startup repair, etc. But I’m always asked to login as the administrator which doesnt work as well.

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 not accepting password

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Thema:

Windows 10 not accepting password

1. Windows 10 not accepting password - Similar Threads - accepting password

2. My Windows 10 won't accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows 10 won't accept my password: My Windows 10 suddenly denied my password that I've been using since the beginning and I now I can't log in. I've tried resetting my password thrice but there's still no success. I just safe booted my PC then this happened. I need help immediately. Thanks!...
  3. In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts...: So, I Downloaded this app called “AMD Overdrive” and when it said to restart my PC after installing it Gave me a Blue screen of Death with a “aoddriver2.sys failure” and crashed. I watched a video and read an article telling me to enter Safemode and delete the program or...
  4. Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10: My hard drive crashed after the latest upgrade to 10 and it had to be replaced. When I try to log it wouldn't accept my password so I updated it. Now I get this " We'll need your current password one last time and it tells me it is incorrect. Although, it accepted it on this...
  5. Stuck between safe mode that doesn't accept my password and a bitlocker key I don't have.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck between safe mode that doesn't accept my password and a bitlocker key I don't have.: Hi all. I'm in a strange situation: was having problems with my graphics card, decided to boot in safe mode and use a tool to remove the drivers and then install them again. To do that, I went on normal node's msconfig and changed boot to safe mode. It wouldn't accept my...
  6. password not being accepted

in Windows 10 Customization
    password not being accepted: Computer was recovered and on start up the computer will not take any of my passwords or pin numbers. The message I get is reset your password, but we do not have the resetting disc. The computer was set up at Office Depot 4 years ago and 160 miles from here....
  7. Windows 10 doesn't accept my Password after starting it in Diagnose-Mode - Lenovo Erazer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't accept my Password after starting it in Diagnose-Mode - Lenovo Erazer: Hello! Can somebody help me with this porblem? If i want to type in my password, Win10 gives me 2 options, that dont work for me. My normal offline password isn't available "because of a problem" (very helpful isn't it?) And my Microsoft password isn't available since there...
  8. Password not accepted in windows 10 safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password not accepted in windows 10 safe mode: I was trying to boot into safe mode and windows 10 would not accept my password. I would like to get into safe mode. Windows home, only one account. (I am having trouble uninstalling applications and thought to try it in safe mode.) Thanks....
  9. At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys...: basicly the title says it all. I wanted to go to safe mode so I looked on line how to get there. I selected sys config and then selected selective startup. I rebooted (held option, I am running boot camp and both OS's) When I get to login screen I try to login with my pin but...
  10. Windows 10 not accepting administrator password in Safe mode and can't switch to Safe mode...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not accepting administrator password in Safe mode and can't switch to Safe mode...: Hello, I've been through all the answers I can find here about this subject but nothing seems to work for me. Due to having to clear some malware from my child's account on my win 10 laptop, I had to start a process to attempt to uninstall Microsoft Edge - basically because...