Windows 10: Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in

Discus and support Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After only 3 weeks of using my new computer, my motherboard died and i had to replace it, and now my windows 10 pro key is invalid and I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ianhhogers, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in

After only 3 weeks of using my new computer, my motherboard died and i had to replace it, and now my windows 10 pro key is invalid and I have a watermark in the bottom right corner of my screen that doesn't want to go away.

I can't seem to solve it by using my Microsoft account so i'm hoping some people from the community can help me out. thanks.

:)

ianhhogers, Feb 2, 2019

2. windows 10 re-install/activation on system that has new motherboard since the older motherboard died.

The motherboard of my Dell Inspiron 3650 died so i went and bought a new motherboard for it but before I replace my motherboard I'm wondering if I would be able to re-use my windows 10 with the new motherboard? it seems that the product ID says that it might
    be an "OEM" key which means that it's not re-install-able. Do I have to buy a new product key or can I re-use it in the case that my motherboard expires and I buy a replacement?

Example of the product ID: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-AAOEM

Jarvis Bennett, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

I own a retail copy of windows 8 pro upgraded to windows 10. My motherboard recently died completely and after purchasing and installing a new one I am unable to activate windows.

I have logged into my Microsoft account and selected "recently changed hardware" but it is not showing up my old PC to select from, however when I am logged into my account on the support site I can see it listed under devices.

How do I activate my existing copy of windows on my new motherboard?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in

Motherboard Died - Windows 10 Activation

So my motherboard died (I'm writing this from my wife's laptop) and I have to replace it.
    I've replaced many motherboards in my long career and by far the Windows 7 replacements were the easiest.
    But now that I have the free Windows 10 upgrade (from Windows 7) on the PC I'm wondering if installing the replacement motherboard will be equally as easy because of the "digital entitlement".
    What will I find when I first boot up the new motherboard?
    I was at 14393.222 when it failed.

dlwmacgregor, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in

1. Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in - Similar Threads - activated Motherboard died

2. Activated retail windows 10 on new motherboard/cpu successfully, motherboard dies, can't...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activated retail windows 10 on new motherboard/cpu successfully, motherboard dies, can't...: So last month I upgraded my cpu and motherboard. I transferred my retail windows 10 over to the new system using the usb tool. It worked great and I was able to activate windows. Two weeks later my motherboard dies and I order a new one. I swap the motherboardsI do not...
  3. windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed: Can't update Windows 10 after motherboard has been changed, stuck with 1607 build. Any ideas how can i upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-after-motherboard-has-been/d8d40a0d-ce8e-46a6-b3e4-b0bcb9882e4c
  4. Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard

Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard: I am currently looking into upgrading my motherboard that supports a specific CPU. I know that the Windows 10 license is associated with the motherboard I have currently. Am I going to run into any problems trying to pass Windows 10 onto a new motherboard? I do not want to...
  5. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard: Hello, I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7. I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using an older one and upon rebooting Windows informed me that it was no longer active. I followed the troubleshooter, eventually...
  6. Windows Activation after new motherboard

Windows Activation after new motherboard: Recently upgraded my gaming rig with a new motherboard and CPU. All was good for about 5 hours of gaming and browsing, when all of a sudden, I got the "Activate Windows" message pinned in the bottom right of my screen. I tried to activate via "I've upgraded my pc components"...
  7. Motherboard Died - Windows 10 Activation

Motherboard Died - Windows 10 Activation: So my motherboard died (I'm writing this from my wife's laptop) and I have to replace it. I've replaced many motherboards in my long career and by far the Windows 7 replacements were the easiest. But now that I have the free Windows 10 upgrade (from Windows 7) on the PC I'm...
  8. Activating Windows 10 on a new motherboard

Activating Windows 10 on a new motherboard: Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a few questions. I am upgrading my motherboard soon, and from what I understand, windows keys are tied to the motherboard and not the hard drive. Is this correct? I have a windows 7 OEM copy; disc/key is with me. I...
  9. Windows 10 activation with new motherboard

Windows 10 activation with new motherboard: I've tried contacting Microsoft support by both chat (twice) and phone, and none of it was helpful. And so I'm posting the problem here. I have a laptop that was originally running Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 last month via the free upgrade option, and things were...
  10. Motherboard is dying?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard is dying?: Hi all I have a problem and don’t know how to proceed. Here is what was happening: Running window 10, 2 ssd drives 1st one is just C and system reserve 2nd drive is divided into 3 D-E F on E I store 2 Macrium images I turned on my PC and it booted fine, as far as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. motherboard died windows 10 activation