Windows 10: Windows 10 not activating after reset

Discus and support Windows 10 not activating after reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop received a firmware update a few days ago which caused it to crash during boot, So I had to reset it. However, after reset, It keeps telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SriramSurya02, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not activating after reset

My laptop received a firmware update a few days ago which caused it to crash during boot, So I had to reset it. However, after reset, It keeps telling me to activate windows. My laptop came with a built-in activation which is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. The activation tab is showing that something interrupted our troubleshooting and troubleshooter also doesn't work.

I searched around and found that a service called sppsvc.exe is not starting and it apparently "Enables the download, installation and enforcement of digital licenses for Windows and Windows application". The service, when manually started, says "Windows could not start the service on a Local account. Error 5 : Access is Denied.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S : I contacted Microsoft Support India and they asked to reinstall windows but cut the call halfway through but I still did it and it still doesn't work.

:)

SriramSurya02, Jul 7, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not activating after reset

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not activating after reset

1. Windows 10 not activating after reset - Similar Threads - activating reset

2. Windows 11 Activation after a reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation after a reset: Hi, I've done a windows 11 reset on my laptop but after the reset it restarted and shows "Activate Windows" at bottom right of the screen and on the task bar there's nothing showing including the start button, please help....
  3. Windows 11 Activation after a reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation after a reset: Hi, I've done a windows 11 reset on my laptop but after the reset it restarted and shows "Activate Windows" at bottom right of the screen and on the task bar there's nothing showing including the start button, please help....
  4. windows 11 not activated after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 not activated after reset: Windows 11 not activated after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-activated-after-reset/fab8409e-d435-4544-b399-0969699f333c
  5. windows 11 not activated after reset

windows 11 not activated after reset: Windows 11 not activated after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-activated-after-reset/fab8409e-d435-4544-b399-0969699f333c
  6. What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?: After Windows 10 Reset 2 times overnight, I cannot select options on first page of the options menu country, language, etc. because the mouse and keyboard do not work. tested them on another computer and they work fine. After triggering the automatic repair options, and after...
  7. What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?

What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?: After Windows 10 Reset 2 times overnight, I cannot select options on first page of the options menu country, language, etc. because the mouse and keyboard do not work. tested them on another computer and they work fine. After triggering the automatic repair options, and after...
  8. What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...: I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this account and user files after that showing the user on when i restart my pc...
  10. I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...

I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...: I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this account and user files after that showing the user on when i restart my pc...