Windows 10: Windows 10 not activating after update

Discus and support Windows 10 not activating after update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently updated my Windows 10 laptop from version 1709 to 1809 via an ISO file I downloaded via Microsoft's website. But ever since the update, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aven', Feb 3, 2019.

1. Aven' Win User

Windows 10 not activating after update

I recently updated my Windows 10 laptop from version 1709 to 1809 via an ISO file I downloaded via Microsoft's website. But ever since the update, my copy of Windows has not been activated.

Entering the key manually shows this

Windows 10 not activating after update 51aa0506-e53d-4491-b873-146c674cf547?upload=true.png

Troubleshooting shows up that the device has the Digital License, but I'm using the wrong version of Windows, which makes no absolute sense.

Windows 10 not activating after update 19afa2dc-f3a4-4f95-939c-ae0beff31660?upload=true.png

I updated from Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Home Single Language. It wasn't a clean install, I kept my Personal Data & Apps.

Interestingly, if I downgrade back to the previous version, there is no activation issue.

I need a solution to this. Thank You.

:)

Aven', Feb 3, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Feb 3, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Feb 3, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 not activating after update [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not activating after update - Similar Threads - activating update

2. How do I update and activate Windows 11 Pro on a Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update and activate Windows 11 Pro on a Windows 11 Home?: My old computer has a digital Windows 11 Pro license installed.I've recently acquired a new computer which came with Windows 10 Home already installed, which was then updated to Windows 11 Home.When I try to use my old key to activate it, it says the current OS is not...
  3. How do I update and activate Windows 11 Pro on a Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update and activate Windows 11 Pro on a Windows 11 Home?: My old computer has a digital Windows 11 Pro license installed.I've recently acquired a new computer which came with Windows 10 Home already installed, which was then updated to Windows 11 Home.When I try to use my old key to activate it, it says the current OS is not...
  4. I have updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it's not getting activated, I have increased...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it's not getting activated, I have increased...: Recently I have increased Ram of my laptop and after increasing ram I update windows 8.1 to windows 10. But the product key of windows 8.1 is not working and I can't activate my windows 10 now.How to resolve this issue. And I do not have any Id linked to that device.Please...
  5. I have updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it's not getting activated, I have increased...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it's not getting activated, I have increased...: Recently I have increased Ram of my laptop and after increasing ram I update windows 8.1 to windows 10. But the product key of windows 8.1 is not working and I can't activate my windows 10 now.How to resolve this issue. And I do not have any Id linked to that device.Please...
  6. I have updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it's not getting activated, I have increased...

7. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  8. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  9. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  10. windows fails to activate after bios update

windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...