Windows 10: Windows 10 not activating through my microsoft account even though they were linked.

Discus and support Windows 10 not activating through my microsoft account even though they were linked. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had bought a prebuilt pc that came with windows 8, I later got a free upgrade to windows 10 and a few days ago i linked my microsoft account to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hejerdal1000Erdal1000, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not activating through my microsoft account even though they were linked.

I had bought a prebuilt pc that came with windows 8, I later got a free upgrade to windows 10 and a few days ago i linked my microsoft account to the windows 10 copy, I replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram today, and reinstalled windows only to find that windows no longer recognizes my machine. Ok i thought, i guess i just have to sign in, I did and it still does not activate windows for me. Help?

:)

Hejerdal1000Erdal1000, Jul 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Activation through Microsoft Account Fails

Just for the record, what account you log in with has no effect on activation. The "Linked to your Microsoft account" is just an optional extra. If you switch to a local account it will just say "activated with a digital license". Switch to a Microsoft account and it will say "activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". You could do a clean install using an account you have never used before and it will still activate. As long as there is a digital license for that device on the activation server matching the installed edition, it will activate. The account used has no bearing on that.

And deleting / removing a device from the list won't affect activation. You just won't see it listed. Reinstall Windows 10 again latter on, on that device and it will be back in the list. That list is just another optional extra.

alphanumeric, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 not activating through my microsoft account even though they were linked. :(

Zakin, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 not activating through my microsoft account even though they were linked.

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Need to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change? Here's how. , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not activating through my microsoft account even though they were linked.

1. Windows 10 not activating through my microsoft account even though they were linked. - Similar Threads - activating through microsoft

2. Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account: Up until recently, I had a machine with activated Windows 10 digital license which I had purchased from Microsoft's website. Subsequently, I changed my motherboard and CPU, and did a clean install with Windows 11 on a new SSD, using my Microsoft account. Currently, Windows 11...
  3. Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account: Up until recently, I had a machine with activated Windows 10 digital license which I had purchased from Microsoft's website. Subsequently, I changed my motherboard and CPU, and did a clean install with Windows 11 on a new SSD, using my Microsoft account. Currently, Windows 11...
  4. My windows 10 is randomly deactivated even through it was activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows 10 is randomly deactivated even through it was activated: Hello kind folks on the forum, I bought a laptop with windows 8 installed and activated in 2015. However, it started acting up about now with corrupted RAM. After a BSOD, windows 10 is now inactivated even though It was activated. Any ideas why that would be?...
  5. my microsoft account is a child account even though im an adult.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my microsoft account is a child account even though im an adult.: hello. as the subject says. I have the right birthdate and I am of age but either way, my account says that it is a child. I tried looking everywhere for a solution to this problem but there was hardly anything and the ones I found were really vague. I would like to know how...
  6. It says that I don’t have any applicable devices linked to my Microsoft account even though...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says that I don’t have any applicable devices linked to my Microsoft account even though...: It says that I don’t have any applicable devices linked to my Microsoft account even though my Microsoft account is clearly linked. I bought Minecraft and it says that I own the game, but when I click "Install on my devices," it tells me my Microsoft Account isn't linked to...
  7. Activating windows even though it came activated?

Activating windows even though it came activated?: This is a very strange question, I know. About a year and a half ago I upgraded to an SSD to get my games to run faster, and had my friend install it for me. Tonight, I went to go update some settings and realized it said "You need to activate Windows before you can...
  8. Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated

Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated: Maybe a week or two ago my windows started showing the "Activate windows" watermark. In the settings it said I was already activated. Even so I acquired my licence code through the cmd window, clicked "change product code" and typed it in. This fixed the issue for a little...
  9. Activation through microsoft account

Activation through microsoft account: I recently upgraded ffom AM3 to AM4, which means mew MOBO, CPU, and RAM. I am unable to switch the old hardware back in as the mobo failed completely, when I try to activate windows it says I cannot activate locally, however I know my windows is activated through account and...
  10. Windows 10 Activation through Microsoft Account Fails

Windows 10 Activation through Microsoft Account Fails: Hello Everyone, I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro. This PC was earlier running Windows 7 PRO (long time back) and was upgraded to Windows 10 when Microsoft gave option of upgrading to 10 for FREE. Since last several years Windows 10 Pro has been running OK. I wish to...