Windows 10: Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos

Discus and support Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recorded a gameplay video with Fraps, as usual. Then I wanted to watch it, but instead of WMP, Movies & TV app launched and tried to run the video.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AproLogic, Aug 15, 2015.

1. AproLogic Win User

Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos

I recorded a gameplay video with Fraps, as usual. Then I wanted to watch it, but instead of WMP, Movies & TV app launched and tried to run the video. But all it was showing me was a black screen with gameplay audio.

So I tried running it with WMP and after a couple of seconds WMP gave me an error saying it encountered an issue.
    I also tried Quicktime Player, which failed as well.

I've never ever had this issue back in Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. So the issue is not Fraps. I mean it kind of is, since it is not optimized with Windows 10 yet, but why can't I run it with Windows Media Player?

All of my other encoded videos (With Adobe Premiere Pro CS6) work perfectly with both players.
    I actually just encoded the latest not-working video. It works perfectly with both launchers as well.

Is there a way to fix this? Because my temporary solution is just watching the videos with Adobe Premiere Pro.

:)

AproLogic, Aug 15, 2015

2. Movies and TV App, No Video for .avi

Alright so I've recently upgraded to windows 10 (love it by the way, missed the desktop-oriented ways), and I began recording some gaming sessions using FRAPS. Opened the videos up in Windows Media Player and after a few minutes of steady video, WMP stops
    and runs into an error. Upon clicking the "web help" link provided, I find that the problem lies within the error code C00D11B1, which I guess has something to do with audio drivers. After putting in some attempts to fix the problem, I decide to go out with
    the old and in with the new (this is also after learning that Windows Media Center is no longer being supported, so I might as well move in to the future).

So here's where the Movies and TV App problems come in: I play the FRAPS videos in the app, and the audio is there just fine, but there seems to be no video, only a black screen. However, I do understand that the app is able to play .avi files, as I went
    and played other .avi videos (not associated with FRAPS) and they play just fine. Also converting the FRAPS .avi files to .3gp files causes them to work fine in the app, but it greatly reduces the quality of the video and audio, so I'd not like to go that
    route.

So, what am I to do here? Would this mainly be a problem with FRAPS, or is this a common thing among .avi files in the app?

MatthewHuepenbecker, Aug 15, 2015
  3. WINDOWS 10 ERROR 0xC946002c

error code for windows 10 movie maker when will this be ready . have to go back to windows 7 till this is fix prob a codec error but no solution to be found . standard fraps capture videos cannot be edited

MOKOVDCONE, Aug 15, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Install codecs?

(I have no idea which video format Fraps uses.)

bobkn, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Try running it with vlc media player and check for video card updates.

NormanBoss3, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Chris2005 Win User
    Well, there isn't a Fraps version that's explicitly stated to have Windows 10 support... however, I'm able to use the current version to record things, I use Dxtory for gaming, but I can record videos in VLC using Fraps... you can't use the desktop capture part because of what I mentioned at the beginning... Beepa apparently is working on a version that supports Windows 10.

Chris2005, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos - Similar Threads - adapted Fraps videos

2. Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio: Computer processor 5005u has problems. The PC turns off when the system boots up after 3-5 seconds. There is no problem in UEFI. The temperature is normal. There are no viruses. When removing the video driver from Intel graphics - when the "Microsoft Basic Adapter" is...
  3. Fraps suddenly blocked by an administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fraps suddenly blocked by an administrator: Basically, Windows decided to randomly screw me for no reason. I didn't do anything different from what I normally do, but today I go to open fraps and get "an administrator has blocked you from running this app. contact the administrator". I'm the only user on my computer...
  4. MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter

MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter: I have just got a generic USB3-hdmi adapter , I have plugged it in and it is searching for a driver, which the device did not come with , Where can i down load one ? , I have no manufacturer name on the product or the packaging.Device manager recognises it but says there is...
  5. video memory wring adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video memory wring adapter: win10 new updated version on my pc using build-in grapics card instead of nvidia card . which now shows not enough video memory and not dx11 compitable in games which I hae played on the same pc in older version. . .pc config. nvidia 210 = 2GB intel i3 asrock motherboard...
  6. Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter

Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter: A couple of weeks ago my OS became corrupted and I had to restore to an earlier point. That worked so well that documents I had created after that point were even saved. The only thing that seems to be having trouble is my Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter. When I attempt to...
  7. Windows 10 updates my Video Display Adapter incorrectly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 updates my Video Display Adapter incorrectly: Windows updates my Video Display Adapter incorrectly. New driver works faulty. I can prevent it installing. I'm using Windows 10. Any help? 95359
  8. Fraps videos don't play back reliably

in Windows 10 Support
    Fraps videos don't play back reliably: Not sure if this is the best place to post this. Move it if you like, or let me know where to put it. Thx. Also, not sure if the MS tech folks watch things here.. If so, I'd like to flag this as feedback to microsoft. See below. If not that's fine too. I used Win 7 for...
  9. A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions!

in Windows 10 Support
    A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions!: Hi Guys I think I've Screwed up 'Big Time!' My System which I found thus: Control Panel>System>Right Clicked on the HD Symbol. This is what came up: Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 32 Bit Operating System X64 Based Processor Nvidea...
  10. Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1 introduced support for Professional Quality Video using Media Source Extensions (MSE) and Encrypted Media Extensions (EME). With Windows 10, Microsoft is announcing browser support for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and enhanced support for MPEG...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avi error code 0xc946002c