Windows 10: Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera

Discus and support Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've read a bunch of support topics and questions+answers, and none of them are yet to help. I have a brand new Asus ZenBook UX running Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by k.mac._, Jan 12, 2020.

1. k.mac._ Win User

Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera

Hi,

I've read a bunch of support topics and questions+answers, and none of them are yet to help.

I have a brand new Asus ZenBook UX running Win 10 pro. I have downloaded Google Chrome as my preferred web browser, and have given Chrome permission through the web browser. I get a 'hardware issue' error message, and video can not be used as part of FB messenger calls, or Webex meeting calls.

I can see that in the Settings menu -> camera option, there is a section about 'allowing' apps access to the camera. I can see Microsoft Edge in this list, and have no issues using the camera with Microsoft Edge. I cannot see a way to add Google Chrome to this list, and it is not automatically available:

Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera c0e71b9e-f54a-49dd-a6e3-3ff54e3f4b45?upload=true.jpg

It looks to me that Chrome should automatically be appearing here, but it isn't. There is also no 'option' to add in an additional app. How to I resolve this problem?

This is the first Windows laptop I have purchased after 10 years of Apple MacBook's, and honestly, the fact that it currently appears that Microsoft locks you into using their own web browser I use Chrome as set by my work, and the ability to log into Chrome and keep browsing history/bookmarks between them is why I will not use Edge is making me regret this purchase. I need the ability to access Webex-hosted meetings via a web browser, and join Facebook messenger calls.

Please advise how I can get the camera to work on Chrome.

:)

k.mac._, Jan 12, 2020

2. camera with google chrome

how can I make google chrome allowed to use my camera?

it is not with the listed apps for the permissions.

arthur.hoornaet, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Google Chrome access

I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested
    steps. Nothing. I can't open it, find it, install it, reinstall it. Any advice?

NancyRobinson4, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera

1. Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera - Similar Threads - allowing Google Chrome

2. Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work: I have issue with my Dell laptop windows 10 . From 2 days it shows automatically repair after on . It came normal after 2 days Google chrome was not working. I have again download chrome it worked properly. After shutdown again it shows repairing automatically with out any...
  3. Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work: I have issue with my Dell laptop windows 10 . From 2 days it shows automatically repair after on . It came normal after 2 days Google chrome was not working. I have again download chrome it worked properly. After shutdown again it shows repairing automatically with out any...
  4. Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. allow google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    allow google chrome: Hi, My son had to restore his computer and now 'Microsoft family features' is on it which is requiring me to approve his download of google chrome??? And when I follow the steps to approve nothing happens and he has to ask for permission again. There is nothing in...
  6. Allowing Microsoft to access Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allowing Microsoft to access Google: Years ago, I had to let Microsoft access google so I could send some files to a client. Recently I had to use Microsoft and the files I sent to the old client were sent to them. How do I delete those files from being sent again every time use Microsoft as they are getting...
  7. Camera access In Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera access In Chrome: So it is like this, but first I need people to know what is seesaw, so does anyone know what is seesaw? Lets First get into the problem you know in seesaw you need to scan the QR code or type the text code right my teacher didn’t give me the text code but only gave me the QR...
  8. Google Chrome access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome access: I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested steps. Nothing. I can't...
  9. camera with google chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera with google chrome: how can I make google chrome allowed to use my camera? it is not with the listed apps for the permissions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-with-google-chrome/cd48e0dc-d2fc-4c00-87be-3f8afab72be6
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow google chrome to access camera in windows 10

2. hardware issue error message when accessing camera in Google Chrome