Windows 10: Windows 10 not allowing me to search, unless UAC is completely disabled.

Discus and support Windows 10 not allowing me to search, unless UAC is completely disabled. in Cortana to solve the problem; I have found other threads discussing the same problem, but the ones I've found were all locked down with no resolution, or at least none that actually... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JerMitchell, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not allowing me to search, unless UAC is completely disabled.

I have found other threads discussing the same problem, but the ones I've found were all locked down with no resolution, or at least none that actually resolve this one. Some are just overkill unhelpful -- I know that throwing away the computer and buying another one would "fix" the problem, but I would prefer to know what is wrong and why. Have already tried the "reregister all store apps" and sfc and dism and the MS "reset windows search" powershell script and probably a couple of dozen other suggestions that are around, but the problem remains: When you click on the search bar at the top

:)

JerMitchell, Jun 11, 2021

2. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Windows 10 not allowing me to search, unless UAC is completely disabled. 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 not allowing me to search, unless UAC is completely disabled.

Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not allowing me to search, unless UAC is completely disabled.

1. Windows 10 not allowing me to search, unless UAC is completely disabled. - Similar Threads - allowing search unless

2. Allow UAC require fingerprint but disable it on login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Allow UAC require fingerprint but disable it on login: Is there a way to disable a fingerprint login for the administrator but leave this possibility enabled in an UAC prompt in Windows 10? After reading this topic, I've set a value of 1 in the appropriate registry entry, so now it always requires a fingerprint or a PIN/password...
  3. Completely Restrict Windows 10 from Downloading Updates Unless I Allow It

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Completely Restrict Windows 10 from Downloading Updates Unless I Allow It: Just like the subject line says: I want to Completely Restrict Windows 10 from Downloading Updates Unless I Allow It A huge problem with the Windows Update is that it downloads and possibly prepares the necessary update files regardless of Active Hours settings. If I say...
  4. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad: Hi. I got this computer as an early Christmas present about a year and a half ago. I'm only sixteen so this is my first personal computer that isn't a school assigned chromebook. I wanted to disable my touchpad as it gets in the way and I prefer using a USB mouse. When I...
  5. Disabling UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling UAC: I just disabled UAC because “Rockstar Games Launcher” always gave me a notification about making changes to the pc and I always had to accept it. It got kinda annoying because it showed always when I launched GTA V. I disabled the UAC completely but now I’m kinda scared that...
  6. Disable UAC

Disable UAC: How do I log in as administrator on my personal laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac/a491df47-4ce9-4534-aeee-5be6de4c1b37
  7. DISABLE UAC WIN 10

DISABLE UAC WIN 10: How to disable/enable UAC using the register https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac-win-10/220cfc17-999b-48d5-a7b2-350811242250
  8. Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type: Hi there, Since yesterday (15/01/2019) the search box on the taskbar will not accept any typing input. Normal behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to search", and type. New, incorrect behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to...
  9. UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?: I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs...
  10. Disable UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable UAC: With the earlier builds, I had UAC disabled in the registry( just as I do for my host machine Windows 8.0 Pro) and everything worked fine. It was in your sister forum eightforums tutorial that I learned how to disable UAC in Windows 8. I also use Start8 and Windowblinds on...